Search Unity

Do you have to use Unity Pro to use Unity Ads?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Sylvir, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Sylvir

Sylvir

Just wondering if you can use the ads with unity free version, or if you need to have access to the pro version to deploy them in your app/game?

2. Carwashh

Carwashh

I've released a game using UnityAds and the free version of Unity 5.

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  3. Sylvir

Sylvir

cool, thank you have you had much success with it? from the research ive done it appears to be a really well done system

4. Carwashh

Carwashh

Super easy to implement.
    Super easy to understand dashboard.
    Earned more money than I expected from it - though my game got downloaded a lot more times than I expected it to (reached ~1,500 downloads so far, only expected ~50).

Sylvir likes this.
  5. Sylvir

Sylvir

thats awesome, I think that unity ads is what im going to go with, is it hard to configure where and when the ads show? I actually have a game i have been working on that is probably about a month away from being all tested and ready for the app store in google play

6. Sylvir

Sylvir

ps. whats your app ill go give it a download to check out how your ads are shown, and your game :)

7. Carwashh

Carwashh

http://enigma23games.com/app/minecart-runner/ - available on iOS, Android and Amazon - I put it on Amazon knowing full well that UnityAds doesn't support it very well and the return wouldn't generate optimum income, but I didn't / don't care for this game.

Implementation, I seem to remember struggling a little bit at first, but then just followed the guide at the start of this thread and got it running really quickly/ easily.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/10-step-integration-guide-for-unity-ads-in-unity.294404/

I have it set up so that the ad helper "logs in" when the game loads, and then an ad is displayed on every 5th press of menu or retry from the game over screen. I did have this at every 3rd press, but it annoyed me during testing how often it was displaying ads, so I changed it to 5.

Just some quick stats for you too (I'm using Unity Analytics too):
    Android users - 212
    Videos started - 163
    Videos completed - 39

iOS users - 1,330
    Videos started - 1801
    Videos completed - 836

eCPM (currently, it changes daily) - $14.95
    Total earned - $25.23 since 17th April (iOS release)

I released Android a week earlier than iOS and it hasn't performed anywhere near as well. I'm happy with UnityAds, and would recommend it to anyone releasing on iOS and, if they can get a high number of downloads, on Android too. I'm just disappointed that UnityAds doesn't support Windows Phone :(

8. Sylvir

Sylvir

awesome, thank you for the information. That is doing awesome on IOS for you! hope that it keeps doing well and gets better! I would like to be able to publish to android and IOS in the future, but if i understand correctly it is 100 dollars to register to be an IOS dev. Android seems much cheaper from my research to get started out with. I wonder why there are so many more videos finished watching on IOS vs android. That is defiantly interesting. Those analytics that you can get sent back to you are awesome too. good way to judge how everythings going.

9. Carwashh

Carwashh

heh, today my eCPM is at $50.25 :D

It's already died down, Sunday for some reason had a big spike, but 4 days prior to that, and Monday, were all $0 days. I need to do an update, adding some new content, and hopefully that'll get some more downloads.

$99 p/yr for iOS, which isn't really a lot.
    $25 for Android, though I can't remember if it's per year or not.

1,400 downloads (iOS) compared to 212 downloads (Android) ... more people == more chance of getting more completed videos.

Sylvir likes this.
  10. Sylvir

Sylvir

Is your analytics stuff you set up hard to set up? sounds really useful, I have a google developer account now currently. Thinking ill need to save a bit or have some success for a little bit with my android apps then ill be able to add it to ios as well

11. Carwashh

Carwashh