Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Do updates usually break code?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by cloa513, Dec 18, 2021.

1. cloa513

cloa513

Starting from the beginning. I had a canvas stuck at enormous (it draw from default texture of the Buttons created) so I set it main camera and that fixed it. I tried instantiating buttons without setting the parent and no matter the code was attached it would place on main scene so they were invisible so I set some code to add manually buttons to the main canvas and set the canvas as public game object. I had a lot hassle setting locations- it is a 900 buttons packed tightly so space is at a premium. And when it was set up it worked on a basic level and Unity is so sluggish in response to load or any script changes I thought I would update and it worked fast. I just updated from 2020.3.24 but it says I am still there- by the way it is prompting me to update to only 2020.3.25. Now I can't set the main canvas as a public game object and now the code is broken? The only way is prefab the main canvas. Should I avoid update?

2. rarac

rarac

sometimes updates break code and other things yes, theres no reason to update unless theres a new feature you want from the new version or a bug you needed unity to fix