Search Unity

Do subscenes work on Quest 2? Mine don't show...

Discussion in 'Entity Component System' started by imjusthere, Apr 15, 2021.

1. imjusthere

imjusthere

No matter what I do when I build to the Quest 2 the subscenes are missing. I even tried the HybridURPSamples project with the same results. I can see them in the editor and in play mode but once built they're gone. I am building from the BuildConfiguration window and I have all the proper packages including hybridRenderer. What am I missing here? I'm in Unity 2020.3.3f1.

apkdev likes this.
  2. JediNizar

JediNizar

how did you build your project?
    pls note that the classic build won't work for subscene ( menu "File > Build and Run" )
    you need to create your own build Configuration, which is pretty easy just follow the documents under section standalone Builds

3. imjusthere

imjusthere

That is what I am doing. Still no subscenes. Even using the sample project.

4. JediNizar

JediNizar

strange.. I'm not using the quest, but the rift S and it's working for me?
    do you see the subscene in the editor mode while you have the quest connected via link?
    another approach to test is to build a PC Build and try to connect via link as well, just so you can exampt which step is not working

5. imjusthere

imjusthere

So I got the sample project working on my android phone just fine. Then I add the occulus integration in the xr plugin management and the subscenes disappear again. WTF?!? Has anyone gotten this to work?

6. imjusthere

imjusthere

I see it in the editor, and in playmode via the link cable. But once it's built to the device it's gone.

7. thelebaron

thelebaron

probably worth a bug report if a simple scene causes it and note the case here for the devs to look at

8. imjusthere

imjusthere

This is what my build configuration should look like right? I feel like I'm missing something since it's the build doesn't work.

Attached Files:

9. JediNizar

JediNizar

One question.. Was your build successful or did you get any warning or errors?
    To aim for the lowest possible PC requirement, I'm developing on an i7 8700k with gtx 980, unfortunately, I don't have USB3 on that machine, so I can't test VR directly on it, and I'm doing it on my second PC.

Normally I build on my first PC and test on the second. This time though I couldn't build, don't know what has changed it's my first "real" VR project since Oculus GO and GearVR. Strange is, that I got some warnings and errors and the building process stopped right before completion. All files were created and everything looked fine, I could even start my game on my second PC and everything was working fine except the subscenes.

Conclusion of the story, because either the Oculus platform was not installed or running, I can't tell if it makes any difference, but since then I build my project on my second PC while the oculus application is running.. The build complete without any warnings and my subscenes are loaded.

10. imjusthere

imjusthere

There are no errors. Everything builds fine. I just can't see the subscenes.