Search Unity

Do not upgrade to iOS 5.1 when still developing under Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by efge, Mar 8, 2012.

1. efge

efge

As the iOS 5.1 SDK comes with XCode 4.3.1 you have to upgrade to OS X Lion.
    (XCode 4.3.1 requires OS X 10.7.3)

If you do not want to upgrade to Lion stay with iOS 5.0.1.

2. tonyd

tonyd

Well that is disappointing.

Does Unity play nice with Lion?

3. Ostwind

Ostwind

I think you are forced to update soon because of the new iPad (in case its not manually possible to mess with the project to follow the new guidelines).

4. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

yes it plays nice with lion , i have it since it came out , no problems at all

and the install of lion its very easy and quick if you come from snow leopard

so dont worry

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Rather wouldn't have to get lion just yet. It's nothing to do with price, I just loathe to move os without being forced, specially when the development environment is working. If it aint broke, don't fix it etc...

6. Yorick2

Yorick2

Thanks for the heads-up!

7. cheezorg

cheezorg

Agreed.

8. MariuszKowalczyk

MariuszKowalczyk

Man... I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to the iOS 5.1 I don't know why I did this. The biggest mistake of my life. Is there any way to restore the previous version?

9. MariuszKowalczyk

MariuszKowalczyk

This is ridiculous. After the update my iPhone 4 is pretty much useless.

The version of iOS on “iPhone (Mariusz Kowalczyk)” does not match any of the versions of iOS supported for development with this installation of the iOS SDK. Please restore the device to a version of the OS listed below, or update to the latest version of the iOS SDK; which is available here.

It means there is a way to restore the previous version without jailbreak?

EDIT:
    Here is a solution: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9614918/xcode-4-2-snow-leopard-and-ios-5-1

It is working!!! Now I can use Xcode 4.2 and test on iOS 5.1 :)

You have to do this:
    1. Download this: http://adcdownload.apple.com/Developer_Tools/xcode_4.3.1_for_lion/xcode_4.3.1_for_lion.dmg
    2. Open the Xcode.app from that package (mount the dmg then Right click and Show Package Contents).
    3. Copy /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/5.1 (9B176) to /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport
    4. Copy /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.1.sdk to /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs
    5. Copy /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/version.plist to /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform
    6. Restart XCode and reconnect the device.

You should probably also change the "Latest" shortcut here: /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport it should point to /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport/5.1 (9B176)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  10. renman3000

renman3000

Is there anyway to re get that link for XCode 4.3.0?? This one is dead.

11. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

It works fine. You need to be a registered developer, and be logged in.

--Eric

12. renman3000

renman3000

Ok thanks.

This was the message I saw.
    Your session has expired.

Please return to the ADC Member Site and attempt to download the file again.

If you feel you received this message in error, please reference this code when contacting the ADC Support Team: V6

The link took me there. Am downloading now.
    I am praying that Lion, iOS5.1 and XCode4.3.0 work together. PUhLLEEAZE. Its been 3 days already.

13. AaronC

AaronC

Thanks so much, I'm back in the game now.

AC

14. jairobbo

jairobbo

When I change the "Latest" shortcut, it changes the target to My Mac 64 bit.
    Any ideas on that?

15. ezdtech

ezdtech

Any news for those developing, on Lion, with a test device using 5.1 iOS and Unity 3.5???

Damn we're stuck!

16. macdude2

macdude2

I was able to get unity 3.5 working on Lion. Make sure you have the latest version of lion: OS 10.7.3. If not, just download it from the software update app. Once you do this, you need to update Xcode from the Mac App store. Once you have everything updated, it works pretty flawlessly. I do not know if mountain lion works with this version of Xcode though.

17. renman3000

renman3000

Why is this happening again??
    XCode is not cooperating.

A few days ago I solved the constant crash in XCode saying that I could not remove my splash screen, with Unity Basic. The solution?...
    iOS 5.1
    Unity 3.5
    XCode 4.3.0

But today XCode decided that iOS 5.1 was to high of an iOS. I read that now, 4.3.1 XCode was the solution. Well it is back to square one. Please tell me Unity3.5.1 will solve this AND it will be released soon.

:::((

18. KarelA

KarelA

@ Mariusz Kowalczyk

Thanks a million. I accidentally downloaded ios 5.1 and this fix helped me to continue making builds with xcode 4.2

19. jesusluvsyooh

jesusluvsyooh

works ;)

Edit: just thought i'd say thank you as well XD only other option was to wait till another update came out to fix this, but that could've been months.

20. antonbursch

antonbursch

I upgraded from leopard to lion on my mac and that fixed my problems with iOS 5.1, but now neither I nor nobody on my team can connect to the asset server (which is also on this mac).

21. CrazyEoin

CrazyEoin

@ Mariusz Kowalczyk

Thanks for this, really saved my bacon :D

22. bugzilla

bugzilla

I, unfortunately, was overzealous and upgraded by iPad as well as Xcode before seeing this. Yes, I know I reap what I sow, but Xcode is not the problem. My Xcode only projects are OK. Any idea when Unity is going to release a patch? I've contacted them but no ETA. Just trying to get the word out.

23. AXXE78

AXXE78

Thank you very much, Mariusz! It worked just fine

24. cjow

cjow

Mine also does this consistently and seemingly at random. Then I come back the next day and it's magically fixed itself. Getting pretty tired of it to be honest and wish they would just hurry up and fixed the bugs hindering Xcode 4.3.1 and iOS 5.1

25. renman3000

renman3000

I can not do step 2. I have no such option.

When is this going to be fixed UNITY!!!!???

26. Profas

Profas

It will be fixed in Unity 3.5.1f2.

27. renman3000

renman3000

Do you or anyone know when to expect the release?

28. bugzilla

bugzilla

Has anyone had trouble running Unity Remote on the new IOS?

29. BooBi

BooBi

30. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Hi,
    we have beta quality build for closed group testing. This build includes Xcode 4.3.x/iOS 5.1/iPad3 fixes and improved support. Please PM me if you want to get this beta build ahead of time.

31. crafTDev

crafTDev

Was having so much problems with Unity and Lion OS so I reverted back to Snow Leopard. Dunno if Unity fixed any issues with Lion yet.

Anyways, I am also getting this message from Xcode after updating my iPhone 4 to 5.1 and that ADC link doesnt work plus I am logged in to the Dev Portal when I click the steps link.

32. iphoneDeveloper

iphoneDeveloper

i have Xcode 4.4.1
    ios 5.1.1 and Mountain Lion OS and unity 3.5

i cant run my project in ipad or any other devices not even in simulators .. it shows some LLVM 4.0 error ..

Command /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1

can you all please help what the solution can be ?
    reply as soon as possible ..

thanx

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  33. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

It should just work. Try cleaning Xcode derived data and replacing your Unity Xcode project from scratch.