Search Unity

Do I really need to do this?

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Xype, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Xype

Xype

Do I need to go through the docs and tell you everything thats wrong. I mean it is really sad that it is only about 20% properly documented. The rest is heres a variable it is an int have fun! Without source you leave us to guess at what things actually do.

Beyond that there are times when it is just plain wrong.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Networking.NetworkClient.Connect.html NetworkClient.Instance <---uhhhh wut mate.... unknown symbol...

Theres another in there around the same space somewhere I can't remember off the top of my head. Had that same call NetworkClient.Instance .... but even worse this one has the JS example that is wrong also copied to the c# example.

Now get beyond all that poor documentation go looking through the repos...even the one you guys provide examples to for Navmesh to make sure it is a recent topic, no comments I mean....

I love Unity, however the last year I have been extremely disapointed with how slack things have become. Ignoreing bugs, abandoning half done features (like Unet). If you guys wan't us to do the work, please just provide the source and keep this as an asset marketplace thanks.