Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Do I need to install unity3d before using ml-agents?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by wechat_os_Qy0wy97_3yRNHVSOviK_4z4cw, Feb 19, 2023.

1. wechat_os_Qy0wy97_3yRNHVSOviK_4z4cw

wechat_os_Qy0wy97_3yRNHVSOviK_4z4cw

Sorry for asking such a novice question as I'm running low on hard drive space.

2. hughperkins

hughperkins

You do, yes.

3. hughperkins

hughperkins

Well.... you can run Unity games etc built by other people, that have a trained mlagents model inside. But you won't be able to train your own models, or create your own Unity games, without installing the Unity Editor.

4. wechat_os_Qy0wy97_3yRNHVSOviK_4z4cw

wechat_os_Qy0wy97_3yRNHVSOviK_4z4cw

Got it, thanks reply.

5. hughperkins

hughperkins

Wait, I should correct myself:
    - you can actually train using mlagents using a dedicated server, that someone can create from a Unity Editor
    - the dedicated server can be installed/used without having Unity Editor installed
    - (You can also create a dedicated server, if you have Unity Editor, that other people can use to train using mlagents, but without themselves installing Unity Editor)