Search Unity

Do i need to have a company to deploy any apps on googleplay ?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by narf03, Mar 22, 2015.

1. narf03

narf03

The title said it, I have registered admob, i registered it as personal, it doesnt ask me for a company.

But there are fields in BuildSetting that i must fill in, called PlayerSetting.bundle.Identifier. Can I randomly put in anything and get my app published ?

Thanks.

2. knr_

knr_

To have them on Google Play I think you have to.

However, you can build the apk and put it on any Android device that has the developer options turned on.

3. Schneider21

Schneider21

You do not need to have a legally registered company to deploy an app to Google Play.

The only requirement to publish to the Play store is to register as a developer with Google and pay the one-time fee. See this page for all the details.

The bundle identifier is a common thing with apps on both Android and iOS. Standard practice is to use reverse domain naming conventions for a domain you own to avoid potential name conflicts with other developers. So for example, if I'm releasing a game called Craptasia and I own the domain justinschneider.com, an appropriate bundle identifier would be com.justinschneider.craptasia. Don't randomly put something in, but it is your choice as to what content goes there. I do believe that if you try publishing something with a domain you clearly don't own or that is too generic, your app may be rejected.

James0oO and theANMATOR2b like this.