Search Unity

Do I have to bind a cell phone number on my Account?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Just4learning, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Just4learning

Just4learning

I cant log in my account via unity hub recently. So I cant open my project.
    Every time after I input account name and pass word on unity hub,it ask me to bind a cell phone nunber on my account.
    I cant understand why do I have to do that?
    Do I have to ? Or is there any other solution?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

It's not mandatory but it does improve security on your account. It also allows the option to add an App Authenticator which I would recommend over a cellphone number because it eliminates the need of a mobile phone signal to receive your code.

3. SmogTownRat

SmogTownRat

It doesnt seem "Optional" to me at all. I try log into to Unity Learn and it now all of a sudden wants my cellphone number. I can't get around it!! please help as this should NOT be forced on me. I will change to Unreal or Godot if this is the case

dioneverest likes this.
  4. lunawenn

lunawenn

It IS mandatory. I have enabled 2FA with Authenticator app and Unity Hub keep requiring me to connect to my mobile phone, I clicked cancel and it just quit. really annoying.

5. vietlab

vietlab

I can never login to Unity again, using my personal account due to this, and many others got the same problem. Please please turn this off. We can't even activate offline license, contacted for help, no answers. I got an email for the support ticket, though. When I click on it to view the status, it's asking me to login

Please help resolving this, it's been like half a year or so. This is not the UNITY way!!!

REALLY FRUSTRATED!!! @UnityMaru

6. rmfqhzizdbbyfnxbir

rmfqhzizdbbyfnxbir

It's the info the Unity want, so they can sell to some other company. Your info is their money. And I am working on a company's project and really don't want sent my personal info around. SAD!