Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Do funnels work on existing data or are the only for new data?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by colinday, Nov 16, 2015.

1. colinday

colinday

One a funnel is setup, will it display results for existing data or is it good only for new data triggered from then on? The one funnel I setup as a test didn't seem to show legacy data, and I can't seem to find an official word on what to expect here.

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @colinday,

As of right now funnels will only fill with data that is sent after they have been created so they will not fill with any legacy data. Thank you for your question, I will find a place to make this information more visible!

3. SentreStage

SentreStage

Sorry about the necro-post, but I'm here in 2017, and had to search all over the place to find this forum post. Is this still a true statement that it only works with future data? If so, where can this be found in the official documentation? I had a 3 hour back and forth with my boss trying to explain that this is how it works but he argues that it does not say so in the documentation and I have no official source to quote to him to prove otherwise.

nox_pp and stan_s like this.
  4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@SentreStage,

Yes, this is still true. Funnels will only capture data sent after the funnel was created.

And it appears that it isn't mentioned anywhere specifically in our documentation. We will make sure to update our docs to reflect this. I hope an official response will suffice for now.

5. gtzpower

gtzpower