Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Feedback Do better.

Discussion in 'Unity 6 Beta' started by JGameMaker92, Mar 17, 2024.

1. impheris

impheris

You think so? recently many indies showed their negative opinions and comments about unity and the company changed some terms on the license, that was maybe a public image issue but they care about it. Imo is more like they are lost, they don't know what to do with the company and tbh i still think they prefer someone else to lead if you know what i mean, it would not surprise me at all. But maybe you are right, maybe they don't care about us and i'm just naive

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Yes, but the ones that got the most attention from the media were for the most part the bigger indies. I'm mostly thinking of one man teams with that post.

3. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They walked back their initial terrible plans to something 20% less terrible. That's not "they care" that's "let's just do some random stuff to appear we care".

Nothing of consequence has changed for the better.

4. developer3244

developer3244

Sadly i agree with you. Unity will lose nothing if i decide to change for unreal forever, and that is kinda bad :(

Well unity community seems that is as unstable as the U6 beta... unity need to make some good change focused on starters or those will simply give up (and i use unity for a little more than 2 years omg)

Yes, unity want to focus on guys that have more $$$ dispensed in unity (and is possible to see why, money is cool), but ones without money are getting angry...

I know what are you talking about, but i agree with Ryiah, unity made changes mostly because "big boys" didnt liked the new stuff.

Perhaps some unity mod will see where the thread that should talk about U6 beta is going and will make warning for the real unity team of devs and ops. Or im just dreamer, may be.

Mark_01 likes this.
  5. impheris

impheris

But still indies... so yeah... that's my point, they care at least a bit about indies

Mark_01 likes this.
  6. developer3244

developer3244

But while unity helps bigger indies, smaller ones are getting frustrated, my point is that

7. ZingZangGames

ZingZangGames

They need to make money somehow, look at their financials..

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

That was on purpose, because GROWOWOWOWTTTHTHHHHH.

What they need to do now is decide what kind of company they are and let us know. But the new leadership has generally been radio silent and otherwise we've generally had PR platitudes and other fluff.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  9. impheris

impheris

can i use your term "GROWOWOWOWTTTHTHHHHH" in the future? XD i think is hilarious

AcidArrow likes this.
  10. soleron

soleron

My personal favorite is 3dsmax.
    It is the tool that most others copied to become what they are today :D

Even Blender which is great despite stealing even 3dsmax "swiss knife of 3d". :p Stick with it.

Especially since you said you want something that is free. I use it too for sculpting that 3dsmax does not provide.

If you can afford a small one time fee, there are even 3dsmax volume licenses out there for as little as $60 for 3 years product cycle. That is $20 per year for the most efficient polygon modeling tool out there, and I think it is absolutely worth it.

11. soleron

soleron

Not exactly.

There are many teams or solo developers who (after the official release of course) consider upgrading their engine to take advantage of the newer tools and optimizations. If any.

The only way to test that in advance is to do exactly that.
    Load a copy of your existing project in the Beta.

LTS should provide the smoothest transition between LTS versions that are still under support.

For Unity the feedback of people who are upgrading their project in the Beta for testing, is the most valuable one. Because these are the ones who catch real world production issues. And not just automated test cases in the lab.

So that meme is kind of arrogant, lopsided, and ill informed :p

TieSKey likes this.
  12. developer3244

developer3244

Ok, i ill use blender so. I dont need nothing too much special, blender is powerfull enough, and i want something free. Perhaps one day i try 3ds max so, for see if is good