Search Unity

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Bedbug, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Bedbug

Bedbug

2. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @Bedbug, looking at the URLs, it seems like you have created an accelerator through the Developer Dashboard with Collaborate enabled. Checking the database, I saw that the hostname can be resolved to a valid IP address. One thing I would suggest checking first is to make sure Accelerators and Editors are on the same network (or routable to each other). Another thing to try is to flush the DNS cache since it may store a different value than what was reported to our database (you can find that in the configuration file under LastUsedIP field or IP field).

3. Bedbug

Bedbug

Actually I managed to fix this particular issue by changing to the Google Public DNS (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns) in the network adapter settings. I don't know why, but this did seem to do the trick. Editors can now connect to the accelerator and the health page comes up OK.

My issues, on Mac not returning a valid ip/port (returns :0) and for the pc accelerator not showing usage in Developer dashboard, even though there is a firewall rule in place, still remain though.

4. Bedbug

Bedbug

Oh, and @hiepu3, thanks for taking the time and looking into it. If you have some advice for the other two I would really appreciate it.

5. hiepu3d

hiepu3d

Unity Technologies

I'm glad the Public DNS fixed the other issue for you. Looking at the database, it seems like you have created 2 accelerators. One of them has a name indicating it's created for Mac OS and the Invite token is not used yet. You would need to reinstall the installer, make sure Collaborate is enabled and the invite token is used.

6. hoverboardsdeal

hoverboardsdeal

The ISP usually supplies DNS Server addresses, and the users can change this temporarily while facing issues. There are two popular public domains today, which are known to be secured and have a large user database. One is Google’s Public DNS, and the other one is Cloudflare. Some use-free DNS servers, where the case of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is imminent. During this instance, simply switching to Google and Cloudfare servers easily resolves the issues as well. For changing the same, here are steps for different O/S as follows,

For Windows
    Opening Up Control Panel, by typing the same in the run command box

Clicking on the Network and Internet option, this will open up loads of other options.

Next click on the “Change Adapter Settings” option, this will show the current network connections.

Following the process, click on the properties option, under the Local Area Connection options, which comes for wired connections. For a wireless connection, click on the Wireless Network Connection options.

The next option involves displaying the IP version box. On clicking the same, a box will open to change preferred DNS server and alternate DNS servers as well. For users with IPv4, the Google DNS is 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively.

In the end, restart the browser to see the change.

If the issue is still not resolved, you can check here to fix it via other ways.