Search Unity

DM-Warren : Multiplayer FPS Deathmatch map

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by yahodahan, Nov 8, 2012.

1. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi all!

DM-Warren is my attempt at getting back into mapping, since I used to do quite a bit with TF2 and UDK before Unity...have always missed the simple joy of making maps- especially for multiplayer "arena" use!

DM-Warren is meant to be a fast, frantic, "warren" of FPS ker-blamming. Every area has multiple entrances and exits, but plenty of nooks and crannies for clever players to ambush from. An outer "donut track" provides entertainment for Run 'n Gun enthusiasts, while the central "Courtyard" encourages free-for-all boom-fests.

Exciting!

Thanks for looking, lots of updates to come!

Progress Snapshot #2 (11-11-12, 4:00am)

Webplayer: http://www.sixbysevenstudio.com/probuilder/DM-Warren_Web/
    Time Spent So Far: ~14 hours

Progress Snapshot #1 (11-8-12, 1:20am)

Time Spent So Far: ~8 hours

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. MrSmive

MrSmive

Not bad mate, i imagin there is a roof just cant see it :) the curviture of the walls says cave complex to me but the clean cut corners say bricks and mortor, any idea of its overall look/feel? I would suggest a silo type map something like the old golden eye one before they finished the place, a half built launching pad caves for pathways structure for the working parts, would give a nice look and some navigational aids for running and guning. Would also give you some nice options for removing the boxed in feel, central room could have stairs going up that are broken/unpassable and a couple of the cave entrences could have colapsed in or be blocked by tunnel boring equipment.

3. yahodahan

yahodahan

Thanks MrSmive, I haven't decided on final texturing, location, etc yet. Just greyboxing and playtesting, then comes the eye candy! :)

4. yahodahan

yahodahan

5. milan8888

milan8888

Hey - is there any way to download this map to actually play in it?