Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

DLSS enabled in HDRP Quality settings, but Camera says it's not

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by MagiJedi, Jul 21, 2021.

1. MagiJedi

MagiJedi

Camera states: "The quality asset in this project does not have NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling (DLSS) enabled. DLSS will not be running on this camera."

Conversely, in the HDRP asset, it says "Unity detected NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling and will ignore the Fallback Upscale Filter", so it obviously sees it at some level.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

2. PutridEx

PutridEx

Is DynRes on and DLSS selected, on the currently active HDRP asset? is the camera DynRes check box enabled? Downloaded nvidia DLSS package?

3. MagiJedi

MagiJedi

Yes to all, I'm afraid.

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

A couple more things to check:

1. If you're using RenderDoc, it needs to be turned off. RenderDoc doesn't work with RTX or DLSS.
    2. Are you using a supported GPU?
    3. Check the status of your GPU in Window > Analysis > Render Debugger > Rendering image (1).png
    4. What OS are you using and which platform are you targeting? HDRP does not support DLSS for Windows using x86 architecture (Win32).

5. MagiJedi

MagiJedi

First of all, thanks for your reply!
    1. No RenderDoc (never even heard of it) and it's a brand new project with nothing installed except the NVidia package from the "Builtin" category.
    2. Should be supported. It's a 2080 TI on latest Studio drivers.
    3. My screen looks identical to yours.
    4. I'm running a 64-bit OS Windows 10 Pro, and my build settings window shows Target Platform: Windows and Architecture: 64 bit .
    Anyway, please do let me know if there's anything else you can think of and/or if you'd like me to provide any information for a bug or something.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  6. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

One more thing. Can you please make sure that DLSS is enabled in the correct quality asset? If you enabled it only in, say, 'medium' but you had 'high' selected, you would see this sort of message. Best thing to do would be to enable it in all your quality assets. Under Edit > Project Settings > Quality > HDRP

If this isn't the culprit, please submit a bug report with a reproduction project and a screenshot of your NVDIA device debug view attached.

7. DamonSmith

DamonSmith

I'm having the issue with the Nvidia Device Debug View. Mine is showing nothing and I'm using a RTX 3090 FE. I have the Nvidia package installed. Is it possible my Nvidia package was bunk or something? Is there a step I missed to get this set up?

8. MagiJedi

MagiJedi

FYI I think it only works with the NVidia Studio drivers (it didn't work for me with their normal/latest Geforce drivers). Obv., if I'm wrong about that someone please correct me.

DamonSmith likes this.
  9. MagiJedi

MagiJedi

Well, forcing it on for all qualities did it. I had never switched between the qualities on the "Levels" view and had only gone with the default HDRP pipeline asset that showed up in the "Render Pipeline Asset" field when clicking Quality.
    Anyway, thanks for your help, LeonhardP!

LeonhardP likes this.
  10. DamonSmith

DamonSmith

Thank you! That worked. I just needed the studio drivers.

MagiJedi likes this.