Search Unity

Bug DLSS bug report.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by jjejj87, Jun 25, 2021.

1. jjejj87

jjejj87

Before I begin, I would like to point out that DLSS is awesome and is very polished provided it is new. Well done Unity and thumbs up for nVidia for natively supporting it!

Now to the topic. When DLSS is enabled, Bloom goes out of control and the threshold has to be put up from 1 -> 30 to achieve similar results.
    dlss2.jpg

Attached Files:

• dlss.jpg
      dlss.jpg
      File size:
      111.6 KB
      Views:
    PutridEx likes this.
  2. Ruchir

Ruchir

Any updates regarding this?

3. Ruchir

Ruchir

I have more Bugs related to DLSS now.
    Most of the full screen debug views stop working with DLSS On:
    DLSS on:
    upload_2021-7-14_1-31-11.png
    Now after disabling the dynamic resolution (DLSS off):
    upload_2021-7-14_1-31-31.png
    After re-enabling it(Game is still playing):
    upload_2021-7-14_1-33-56.png
    By flickering I can tell DLSS is working but it doesn't show up in the debug view in the table section.

Also< I get errors like this(the debug view just gets stuck sometimes when using DLSS):
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.DLSSPass+CameraState.Cleanup (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmdBuffer) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/RenderPass/DLSSPass.cs:511)
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.DLSSPass.CleanupCameraStates () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/RenderPass/DLSSPass.cs:545)
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.DLSSPass.InternalNVIDIABeginFrame (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera hdCamera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/RenderPass/DLSSPass.cs:649)
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.DLSSPass.BeginFrame (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera hdCamera) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/RenderPass/DLSSPass.cs:171)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.BeginPostProcessFrame (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDCamera camera, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline hdInstance) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.PostProcess.cs:385)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1957)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@12.0.0/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1795)
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] cameras) (at <2e270fb580704b37a76809b5e53cf4ef>:0)
    10. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, System.IntPtr loopPtr, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] renderRequests, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at <2e270fb580704b37a76809b5e53cf4ef>:0)
    11. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I think things like bloom and DOF are quite reliant on resolution. So you would want to tune it for the quarter res DLSS version etc.. at least that's my first guess.

5. jjejj87

jjejj87

hmmm...

6. francescoc_unity

francescoc_unity

Unity Technologies

For DLSS the post processing pipeline runs at the resolution of the backbuffer (post-upscale), so shouldn't behave significantly different from without DLSS.

Can you please file a bug so can be tracked in our system?

Thank you

Ruchir likes this.
  7. Onat-H

Onat-H

DLSS currently breaks if physical DOF is on. It then only renders a part of the game view (seems to be the actual resolution as the quality setting has influence on the size of the rendered part of the game view)

8. francescoc_unity

francescoc_unity

Unity Technologies

We are aware of this issue, the fix will be soon added to master alongside Temporal Upsampling.

m0nsky and Ruchir like this.