Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug DLSS breaks on HDRP13 if use optimal settings is unchecked.

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by jjejj87, Oct 8, 2021.

1. jjejj87

jjejj87

As described, on HDRP13, DLSS breaks if use optimal settings is unchecked.

Let's say with dynamic resolution scale at 50, the screen is 200% zoomed and and left lower region.

FSR seems to work just fine with custom resolution scale so this must be new bug to HDRP13.

Both FSR and DLSS works fine in HDRP12, so also that.

Can the devs/anyone check if this is a bug or if there is something I need to do in HDRP13?

Thanks

2. jjejj87

jjejj87

Can someone confirm this for me? If there is another person with the same issue, I will report it as bug.

I am attaching the screenshot to demo. Top is without DLSS - all working as intended.
    The bottom with DLSS at around 60% res. Not only is rendering messed up, depth also seems to be broken, the water bottles. And camera centered lower left.

It is the same screen, haven't moved, same position with same camera angle and everything. The two fists should be in the center bottom, but clearly offset due to Dynamic resolution + DLSS. If I force DLSS at native resolution, it doesn't happen. BTW, FSR works flawlessly. dlss.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  3. jjejj87

jjejj87

More info: This happens with HBAO asset, so not likely a HDRP issue.

4. jjejj87

jjejj87

Quick question to the devs:

Can someone share what changed in terms of Dynamic res + DLSS?

I understand that this is not a bug and that the changes made to recent HDRP13, and HDRP12.1 are doing this but was wondering if there is a way to revert back/workaround so that it behaves like in HDRP12 in September.

Any ideas or info will be greatly appreciated.