Search Unity

dlls not found for builds

Discussion in 'VR' started by szerzp, Jun 29, 2016.

1. szerzp

szerzp

Hi,

I've come up with an issue when building the tutorial Holograms 100 project. As instructed, I imported the project from Unity to VS, modified the appxmanifest file, changed the target, and then run it with Start without Debugging, which gives me errors in attached image.

As you see the issue is that somehow the dll files is not generated at the right place. For example as I look into the path for the first error, the dll file is actually in a Unprocessed file under Debug. And every time I rebuild it the dll will just automatically reappear in that file. I am guessing VS created this Unprocessed thing and put everything not recognized into it. but why? Is it because VS is not configured correctly? Interesting thing is that for the third error (in Assembly-CSharp), there is no such Unprocessed file under Debug, and still no dll file found. I am totally unsure why this is happening.

I tried searching online and unchecking+rechecking boxes under build option in configuration does not work for me. I believe the last two errors are also relevant to this issue. Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions.

I also submitted a same post in windows hololens community; here's the link:https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/1314/dlls-not-found-for-builds/p1?new=1

Attached Files:

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

This looks like a issue with the setup, in the screen shot you are running ARM instead id x86. Make sure that your are running in the desired target (debug, Release, master) and you are set to x86. Also, make sure you have the authentication set to universal instead of windows. This can cause issues if not properly set.

If that is no the case however, I did see that in the error there was an issue with the serialization weaver. This usually occurs when there are spaces in the file path to your project, or the file path is too long.

Thank you,
    Wesley

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Which Unity build are you on? As Wesley mentioned, it looks like serialization weaver is crashing. Can you paste the contents of the output window in VS when the build fails?

4. szerzp

szerzp

I am using 5.4.0b22-HTP Unity version. It seems like the serialweaver is indeed crashing, and I guess it is probably because path length is too long (since there is some index out of range exception). So I created another project directly under C:\ (now path length for unity proj is C:\holo100) and build it, but serialweaver still crashes and similar error msgs appear.

I've attached updated error msgs and info in output window. Do you see any way out of this? Thanks.

Attached Files:

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Can you submit a bug report, attach the project which causes this and tell me the bug number? This will be the fastest way we can look at it.

6. szerzp

szerzp

I just sent a bug report; case number is 810402. Thank you for your attention!

7. szerzp

szerzp

Ok, I have solved my problem. Just in case anyone comes into this in the future, when you find there are missing files you want to go to Tools->Options->NuGet Package Manager to see whether the automatic check for missing file is turned on. NuGet itself can help you integrate and configure files and framework automatically.

Instead, when you click the NuGet Package Manager and you see a line "an error occurred loading this property page" (which was my situation), the link also provides solution: go to Tools->Extensions and Updates, choose Installed tab and you will see the default NuGet Package Manager that Visual Studio configured for you. You need to uninstall that, and then choose Online tab, search for NuGet Package Manager and manually install it yourself. Then go back to the property page and you should see options available now. Somehow it is possible that the NuGet Package Manager preinstalled by VS will not load correctly.

Finally I come up with error: MissingMethodException - Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity.RemoteDevice.Ping(). Some googling helps you identify the problem that the window 10 sdk on the device is not configured correctly. There many ways out of this, I personally remove both sdks (10.0.10586 and 10.0.10240) that the VSToolsForWindows1C.exe installed for me, and use this link https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=698771 to install version 10.0.10586 only. Then the project finally deploys successfully on the emulator. However I later tried to unsintall the 10.0.10586 again and use VSToolsForWindows1C.exe to reinstall both sdks, it also worked. So I guess if you come into this step, just try the uninstall-reinstall combo of things and hope it will work.

Wish this can help people. Cheers.

Same post updated in Windows Hololens community. See the link I gave above.