Search Unity

DllNotFoundException

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by besuser, Dec 3, 2007.

1. besuser

besuser

Hi again wonderful people!

I'm getting the following output in my output_log.txt for a windows build of my game:

(Filename: \unitybuild\unity\Runtime\Export\Generated\BaseClass.cpp Line: 1555)

GLib: Cannot convert message: Conversion from character set 'UTF-8' to 'CP1252' is not supported

Unhandled Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: GAPlugin.dll

at (wrapper managed-to-native) takeShot.GACalculateResultData (string,takeShot/GF_SHOTDATA,takeShot/GARESULTDATA,bool,bool) <0x00044>
    at takeShot.golfCallBack (string,int,takeShot/GF_SHOTDATA,string,intptr) <0x000dd>
    at (wrapper native-to-managed) takeShot.golfCallBack (intptr,int,takeShot/GF_SHOTDATA,intptr,intptr) <0x0017c>

I've tried putting the dll in every folder of the project with no luck. Any ideas why my unity executable can't find my dll?

Thanks as always!

2. Aras

Aras

Unity Technologies

Can you do a minimal project that basically only has your DLL and some script that tries to use it, and have the problem reproduced on Windows? If you can, send a bug report with that project attached.

3. besuser

besuser

Just as an update, the issue was that we included the extension in the attribute
    [DllImport("myDLL.dll")] instead of

[DllImport("myDLL")]

Just as the documentation warns against =).

So to reiterate, don't include the extension!