Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro DllNotFoundException: TMPro_Plugin on new Unity 2018 project.

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by Tharis, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Tharis

Tharis

Hello,

I have a problem on my windows PC and it happens on all Unity 2018 versions.
    I have TextMeshPro install over the package manager and made the setup with all essential resources.

But when I hit the Generate Font Atlas button on the Font creation window I just get this Exception:
    DllNotFoundException: TMPro_Plugin

I check already the downloaded package and the dll is there. Somehow It can not find it.
    I let it check from a friend with the same project and it was working for him.

Is there anything which can cause this thing and is there a way to fix it. Currently I can not use TextMesh Pro because of that.

Thanks for helping.

2. Tharis

Tharis

Just an addition, it also happens on Unity 2017 with the import from the asset store. Weird.

3. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

4. Tharis

Tharis

Hello, I alerady tried this when I saw this in an other post. Seems that this doesn't help. :(

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

See if you get the same behavior in a new empty project in Unity 2018.2.