Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

DllNotFoundException: python27

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools Previews' started by ahmidou, Mar 9, 2020.

1. ahmidou

ahmidou

Hi, I've installed the latest python 2.7 and set the python path and I'm getting errors.
    Also the python settings UI is almost empty.
    I'm not sure how conflicting it is, but I also have Anaconda with multiple environments and versions installed.
    Any ideas?
    upload_2020-3-9_16-59-6.png

2. ahmidou

ahmidou

Anyone??????

3. sersol

sersol

4. ahmidou

ahmidou

that's what I did too, and I'm not sure re-installing is going to help here.
    As I said I have multiple python environments and versions installed in Anaconda, and that's the main issue.
    Virtual environments are not supported, so please consider adding this as a feature specially with 3.x DCC support around the corner.

5. iancormier

iancormier

I am experiencing the exact same issue here. I tried uninstalling all python version from my workstation but no luck so far. Anyone found a fix for this yet?

6. markvi

markvi

Are you using the latest package version? 4.0.0-exp.5 no longer requires that you install your own Python interpreter, and comes bundled with Python 3.7.

BinaryCats likes this.
  7. rdunnePT

rdunnePT

Our tools etc in maya work with Python2, is it possible to interact with that if unity is using Python 3.7 now?

If not do we need to install Python2 for earlier versions or can we use Maya's install?