Search Unity

1. We are looking for feedback on the experimental Unity Safe Mode which is aiming to help you resolve compilation errors faster during project startup.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Dllnotfoundexception On Linux. Dont See Libdl.so

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Djadavin, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Djadavin

Djadavin

Linux Mint 19.1 x64.
    Unity dont see libdl.so.

Attached Files:

2. SuperSteeeeeeeve

SuperSteeeeeeeve

You may need to install theese LLVM Librarys, after that the error goes away.

Code (CSharp):
    1. # apt install libc6-dev-amd64 libc6-dev-i386 libncurses5

3. MostHated

MostHated

I tried doing what you recommended here, but it literally just keeps sending me in circles. I try to install all 3 at once but it wont because of a dependency issue, so I try just libc6-dev-amd64 and libncurses5, works fine, then I try libc6-dev-i386, which seems like it removes libc6-dev-amd64, so on and so forth. Doing all 3 brings the error of:

libc6-dev-i386 : Depends: libc6-i386 (= 2.29-0ubuntu2) but it is not going to be installed Recommends: gcc-multilib but it is not going to be installed

but then installing gcc-multilib makes it loop around between gcc-multilib and gcc-multilib:1386, etc etc. I want to smash something after messing around with it for an hour trying to figure out the magical combination so I can get rid of these damn errors in Unity.

DllNotFoundException: libdl.so
    Unexpected error while trying to initialize the burst JIT compiler: Unexpected exception occured while initializing burst JitCompilerService

Edit - - Apparently, also, going down that rabbit hole seems to have messed something up, when I rebooted I came straight to terminal prompt and had to manually type startx, then reenable my video drivers, reboot again, and startx again to get to a semi normal desktop. : /

Running apt update also now tells me that pretty much everything on my system is ready to be removed with auto-remove.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  4. SuperSteeeeeeeve

SuperSteeeeeeeve

I've used Pop_OS! 18.10 at that time, im using Manjaro now and i only needed to install libncurses5 for it.

What is your Distro?

5. MostHated

MostHated

Pop_OS 19.04. I didn't try just that one, I had only tried what you suggested prior. I will give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks,
    -MH

** Edit - I was hopeful, but unfortunately there was no change after the addition of libncurses5.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  6. MostHated

MostHated

I guess one of the weirdest things is it seems like I have it already in what looks like the places it probably should be?

unityunity