Search Unity

Dll scripts missing

Discussion in 'PSM' started by treygner, Jul 15, 2014.

1. treygner

treygner

Hello,

We are using dll in our project, and I have a strange problem with the PSM version of unity :

Some dll script are missing when the dll is imported the first time with Unity 4.3 for PSM .

Which is strange, is that, if i open the project with Unity 4.5, reimport the dll,all the script are now present. And if I open the project back with Unity 4.3 for PSM, it works, all script remain (until the next change ...).

This is always the same scripts that are missing when importing them with 4.3, but I have no idea why them, and there is no error in the output that could give me a clue ...

This is a very annoying problem, as at every small modification we made to dll , I have to :
    1- Close my project in 4.3
    2- Open the project in 4.5
    3- Force reimport the dll asset
    4- Reopen in 4.3

Does anybody have an idea what happen ? Is is a bug with 4.3, or something else I do not understand ?

2. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hm, any chance you can create a small repro of that? It sounds (maybe) somewhat specific to those same scripts that always are missing..

3. treygner

treygner

I managed to reproduce with a small project, so here is what I found :

-Script that does not derives from MonoBehavior is not shown (maybe this is normal)
    Ex :
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public class TestOK : MonoBehaviour
    =>Shown
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public class TestKo1
    => Not Shown

-Script that derives for a templated MonoBehavior is not shown
    Ex:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public class TestKoBase<T> : MonoBehaviour where T : MonoBehaviour
    => Shown
    But
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  public class TestKo2 : TestKoBase<TestOK>
    => Not Shown

I have attached the sample library project. Just copy the output dll into a Unity PSM project Assets Directory, and you will see in the Project tab that the dll has only TestKoBase an TestOk imported, other are not imported.

Opening the same unity project on 4.5 will import TestKo2.
    Go back to PSM, you will notice that TestKo2 is still here, unless you reimport the dll.

Attached Files:

4. treygner

treygner

Hey eriQue, did you manage to test my repro project ? Any chance to get a fix for that in the next hotfix ?
    This is a really annoying problem for me has I have to reload the project with 4.5 every time the 4.3 crash (which happen quite frequently) and it takes ages because it re import lot of assets ...

5. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Just checking - is this specific to the PSM version of Unity 4.3, or would you see the same problem with the regular 4.3 release?

EDIT: Yeah, seems like this isn't a problem with PSM 4.3, but 4.3 in general.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  6. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

This is expected behavior.

This is a bug that was fixed in 4.5. That fix is now backported to Unity PSM 4.3, and will be included in the next bug-fix release.

7. treygner

treygner

Awesome, I can't wait the next bug-fix release now ;-)

Thank you !