Search Unity

DLL compiler issues on Mac with no antivirus software

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jcarrick, Sep 1, 2015.

1. jcarrick

jcarrick

Hi,
    I'm new to Unity and am having some significant package conflicts. I can't seem to get any animation controller packages to "play nicely" with Ai or visual scripting packages. Every time I import one of these conflicting groups into a build with another I get the C# DLL Compiler error. Even on an otherwise empty build. I'm working on a 12core 64 bit Mac with Yosemite running. I have no antivirus software installed. I've never even encountered a Mac virus - to the best of my knowledge, there are none. I have picked up Character System, medieval animations and props animations. While these three work fine together, if I import any of my Ai or visual scripting packages, Rain Ai, react, behavior designer or Uscript - the DLL error returns and no scenes will play.

This is the Error...

ApplicationException: Unable to find a suitable compiler for sources with extension 'asset' (Output assembly: Temp/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll)

UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilers.CreateCompilerInstance (MonoIsland island, Boolean buildingForEditor, BuildTarget targetPlatform, Boolean runUpdater) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Scripting/ScriptCompilers.cs:96)

Failed to create compiler instance

Compilation failed because the compiler couldn't be executed!

To be blunt, my entire Unity experience has been a lot like "How to draw the Tick".
    http://funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/1711017/How/

I do have a sense of humor and can appreciate a good laugh, but I am very close to screaming "It's a trap," and running to Unreal.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 152644

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  2. jcarrick

jcarrick

Hi. This issue has been addressed in another thread, but any additional replies are very welcome