Search Unity

Question DLC for Android & iOS using PAD/ODR/CCD

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Limewood_, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Limewood_

Limewood_

Hello,

I'm developing a small mobile app that helps you learn birds' song and it is designed to be a free app with a number of free birds and then you can purchase additional birds as DLCs.

I've read up a bit on ways to handle this in Unity and came across using Addressables and Asset bundles together with Android PAD (Play Asset Delivery) and iOS ODR (On-Demand Resources).
    However, while I've seen many developers having no problems with the Android side, on the iOS side it seems there are major bugs with Addressables when using ODR and also the resources may be deleted by the device, without user input.

Then I found that Unity has their own content delivery system, called CCD that could be able to do the same thing.

Of course I want the DLC birds (images, sounds and maybe a small text file) to stay on the users' devices after they have downloaded them, until they themselves decide to uninstall the app, or clear data.
    What would be the recommended approach for a DLC delivery system for Android & iOS, using Unity in 2022?

Thank you!

2. snordac

snordac

I'm curious if there is any update here. Did you try implementing the Addressables / Asset bundles / PAD solution? I have a similar model in for game i'm working on, but can't figure out how to put it all together