Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

DJ PRO - Play your music

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Stefan-Laubenberger, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Thank you for buying our assets!
    This is indeed intentional, but without the sale, you would "only" get a 30% discount if you picked the bundle.
    Anyway, I hope you enjoy our products.

All the best and stay safe!

Cheers
    Stefan

JDelekto likes this.
  2. JDelekto

JDelekto

When you say planned final release for 2020, is there going to be a new major version upgrade for the coming year? If so, is there planned upgrade pricing for existing owners, and do you have a roadmap for planned upcoming features?

3. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

We wanted to imply that there is no planned release for version 2020 in 2020 ;)
    The versioning of all assets will change to 2021 soon - but we haven't decided if it's gonna be a paid upgrade.
    Most of our assets are now more than 3 years in the store, with constant support and upgrades - maybe it's time for a paid upgrade.
    We don't provide a public roadmap since we don't want to promise things we can't keep.
    However, be assured we won't let our customers down.

So, enjoy the latest version and even more important, enjoy the time with family and friends.

JDelekto likes this.
  4. henry5500

henry5500

As Spotify is not integrated with some DJ apps, if you still want to get Spotify music for DJ apps, then you can use the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader to help. After using it, you can easily put Spotify music on the DJ programs for using without any limit.

Stefan-Laubenberger likes this.
  5. blyssee

blyssee

Thanks for the information,my DJ friends also recommend another tool called Tunelf Spotify Music Converter to works with DJs app.I use this program to take my Spotify playlists and create MP3s out of them. Stored on my laptop as files and then crate them up on Serato Pro and via my controller deck..

6. Rib

Rib

btw, I just found I needed this small fix for building DJ Pro with unity 2020.3:

Code (CSharp):
    1. diff --git a/Assets/Plugins/crosstales/DJ/Scripts/Model/Record.cs b/Assets/Plugins/crosstales/DJ/Scripts/Model/Record.cs
    2. index 7c3c18c2..4eb3b276 100644
    3. --- a/Assets/Plugins/crosstales/DJ/Scripts/Model/Record.cs
    4. +++ b/Assets/Plugins/crosstales/DJ/Scripts/Model/Record.cs
    5. @@ -1,5 +1,9 @@
    6. using UnityEngine;
    8. +#if UNITY_2020_1_OR_NEWER
    9. +using UnityEngine.Networking;
    10. +#endif
    11. +
    12. namespace Crosstales.DJ.Model
    13. {
    14.     /// <summary>Model for an audio record.</summary>
    (due to the conditional use of the UnityWebRequest api with UNITY_2020_1_OR_NEWER)

Regards,
    - Robert

7. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Thank you Robert!
    I don't fully understand why you added the condition - using "UnityEngine.Networking" is afaik used for all version since Unity 2017.

8. Rib

Rib

Right, I wasn't worried about UnityEngine.Networking not existing, like you say it's probably been around for absolutely ages.

I was finding that on unity 2020.3 that this Record.cs code didn't compile due to the use of the UnityWebRequest api not being resolved and the #if condition was just added because it matches the conditional use of the UnityWebRequest api in that file that caused the compilation error for me.

So as far as I saw then if it's not unity 2020.1 or newer then Record.cs didn't use the UnityWebRequest api and therefore I guess in that case it doesn't need `using UnityEngine.Networking`.

It was probably a bit pedantic to add the #if condition and it could probably be fine/simpler to remove it.

Br,
    Robert

9. keerkeer

keerkeer

Hi Stefan,

What is your suggestion for hosting music(mp3) files for use within DJ?

Thank you,
    Kirsten

10. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi Kirsten

Imho, the easiest way is to host them via your own website (e.g. under a separate folder).
    If you have full control over the webserver, you could also use basic auth to prevent "everyone" from downloading your music.

I hope this helps you further.

Cheers
    Stefan

11. jGate99

jGate99

12. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi

Hmm, what kind of "podcasts"? If you have a server with podcasts (=audio files) in the supported format, DJ can read and play them.
    Therefore, you only have to enter the URL in the "File Path" of the Turntable or you can use playlist-files to manage multiple files.

I hope this helps you further.

Cheers
    Stefan

jGate99 likes this.
  13. jGate99

jGate99

Imagine i want to play podcast files (mp4) hosted on transistor.fm? will it play it fine including buffering etc?

14. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

MP4 is not supported, which is mostly used for video. Those audio formats can be played in Unity and DJ:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AudioFiles.html

Buffering isn't a problem, it's solved in our asset.
    However, I don't know if your mentioned site would work, but if you are the creator of those podcasts, you could store them as MP3/OGG on a separate server.

jGate99 likes this.
  15. jGate99

jGate99

sorry i meant mp3, so which asset should i use because you have both radio and dj?

as for buffering, ill have a remote url pointing to mp3 from that site, which ill the pass to your plugin and your plugin will start playing it right away ? am i right? (rather than waiting for whole audio to be downloaded)?

Secondly, will seekbar functionality also work? is there a demo scene where i can place the audio url and see how it works?

16. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

You can try our demo builds and switch to scene "06-PlaySingleFile":
    upload_2021-12-28_19-22-54.png

It's possible, that the buffering in the build is not optimal configured for online access, especially large podcasts. If you provide me an URL via PM, I can check the optimal settings and provide you a build.

17. jGate99

jGate99

Thanks MAN

Stefan-Laubenberger likes this.
  18. ivu2020

ivu2020

Hello. I recently purchased the asset and am trying to begin using it. I thought the first thing I would do is make sure my audio files were compatible using the TD tab in the configuration. When I try to play my file, I get the following error:

File has an invalid size: Record {FilePath='https://d181jyorkrxkbu.cloudfront.net/music/db/phpoagfDs~.ogg', Rating='0', Name='phpoagfDs~.ogg', Title='Phpoagfds~', Artist='', Album='', Genre='', Year='0', HasTag='True', Format='OGG', IconUrl=''SpotifyUrl='spotify:search:Phpoagfds~'}
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    Crosstales.DJ.Turntable:ctPlayAudioInEditor () (at Assets/Plugins/crosstales/DJ/Scripts/Turntable.cs:2816)
    System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart ()

These files play fine in a browser or with VLC. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

19. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

Hi!

I replied you in Discord, but I post my answer here for reference:
    Cheers
    Stefan

20. Stefan-Laubenberger

Stefan-Laubenberger

We've just released version 2024.1.2 of DJ.
    Main changes:
    • Support for Unity Cloud Build improved
    • Updated to Common 2024.1.1

Last edited: Mar 16, 2024