Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question DISPLAYING BROADCAST TELEVISION

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by qwertypchimmy12, Dec 30, 2021.

1. qwertypchimmy12

qwertypchimmy12

I have one project but I don't know is it possible or not. My project is, when user touch the button on the screen and then the broadcast television(NBC/FOX/any TV) will display. I mean is it possible broadcast television display and play live in Unity? Can anyone suggest what technique I need to use?

How this project works? Let say I have 6(1,2,3,4,5,6) button on screen, then if user trigger/touch any button will display the 1st channel, next any button will display 2nd channel. It will display channel by sequence.

example
    ; user touch button 5 > display channel A > then touch button 4 > display channel B
    ; user touch button 2 > display channel A > then touch button 6 > display channel B

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. matthewminer

matthewminer

The VideoPlayer API supports loading video files from a URL, so you can host MP4s on your server and stream them on demand in your Unity project. To play live streams (e.g. HLS or DASH) you need a third-party plugin like AVPro Video.

This works for video sources you control. I doubt NBC and others offer any way to stream broadcasts outside officially-sanctioned channels.