Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Display output settings for curved ultrawide screens?

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by Saaskun, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Saaskun

Saaskun

Hi, we need to output an ultrawide image for a 180° proyector display without distortion.

We don´t want to send a simple unity display output like 4096 x 800 for example. We want that the user feel that is in a 180° inmersive place

2. akent99

akent99

The shape of the screen (perfect circle?) will probably matter. You might like to look at 360 photos / projects (e.g. https://blog.unity.com/technology/stereo-360-image-and-video-capture), and VR support - there might be some useful work in them.

Saaskun likes this.
  3. Saaskun

Saaskun

Yeah, something like that, but I wonder if there a spectial custom output for that. Like Unreal Engine

4. akent99

akent99

I just google searched for "unity 360 video" and lots of references come up like https://unity.com/solutions/360video from Unity and lots of 3rd party YouTube videos and articles. There are also 360 capture tools in the Unity asset store. I did some 360 images captures a few years back, but the extension I used is no longer in the Unity Asset store - and it was a single frame, not a video. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable with the current state of the market will respond.

5. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

I would suggest that you take a look at MiddleVR. They're a verified solutions partner for handling this kind of problem.

Saaskun likes this.