Search Unity

Feature Request Display branch without having the PlasticSCM window open

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by Thunderik, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Thunderik

Thunderik

Hi! It would be very nice there was a toggable way to display which branch I'm currently working on, just like the one that is displayed within the Plastic SCM window but without having to have that tab open.

upload_2021-12-6_14-28-44.png

Thanks!

mariandev likes this.
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @erkneren, thanks for your feedback! By a way to display the branch you're on that can be toggled, where would you like to see the branch name outside of the Plastic SCM window? Were you thinking in the Console, in the status bar at the very bottom of the Editor? Do you often need to double check your branch name without needing to open the Plastic SCM window? I'd just like to understand the use cases for wanting the branch name viewable in more places to understand if there are ways that we can improve how it's displayed in the Plastic SCM window.

3. Thunderik

Thunderik

upload_2021-12-13_9-5-40.png
    Somewhere here would be my suggestion!

Why? Sometimes when I'm used to being one branch X I can end up pushing something to the wrong branch and showing it in the Unity editor seems like a good way to remind me of which branch I'm in without having to look at the Plastic SCM application (or tab inside of Unity in the case of this integration).

I appreciate you taking the time to follow up like this! :)

Attached Files:

mariandev likes this.
  4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thanks for the suggestion and for your feedback!

I see your point how it could be easy to forget which branch you're currently on and how it would be a hassle to need to bring up another window (either in the Editor or in a separate app) to double check. I've passed this feature request along to the product team so that they can review it further.

Please don't hesitate to suggest features that you think would make the Version Control package easier to use.

Thunderik and mariandev like this.