Search Unity

Display a hologram on a whole wall

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by makelovenotwar, Feb 20, 2018.

1. makelovenotwar

makelovenotwar

Hello Everyone,

I am using Hololens and i am trying to display a big hologram on a whole room's wall (2.5mX4m).
    My solution is using Vuforia to scan image target that will be my anchor point and then display the hologram on the whole wall (with Vuforia engine).

I succeeded to display it but it seems that the hologram does not fit exactly to the wall.
    There is a deviation on the hologram angle that can be caused from the image target angle.
    I am not sure why it is happen (maybe because the image target is small) an how to solve that.

In addition, i was trying to use MixedRealityToolkit-Unity Spatial Understanding but i had some problems to place the hologram on specific point automatically.

Any ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks!
    Gerard

2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello @makelovenotwar

You mention you target is small, what are its dimensions? How far back from it are you standing? What size did you designate in the Target Manager?

3. makelovenotwar

makelovenotwar

Hello,

The dimensions of the target are 10X10cm and that is the size I designated in the Target Manager.
    When I should scan the target I stand 0.5-1m back and after the hologram appears I step back another 1-2m to be able to see entire wall.

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

If you are stepping back further than a meter with a 10cm wide target, I'd recommend increasing the size of the target and seeing if you get better results. The general rule of thumb is the max distance to view an Image Target is 10x its width.