Search Unity

Dismiss Oculus Health Warning with a key press?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by LordChilli, Aug 6, 2015.

1. LordChilli

LordChilli

Every time I run a project, I have to wait five seconds, then tap the headset to get rid of the health warning. Is there a way to dismiss it when a key is pressed? Or automatically.

I'm running on a Mac, with the 0.5.0.1 runtime.

2. Thomas-Mountainborn

Thomas-Mountainborn

You should be able to press any key to hide the health and safety warning (it even says so in the message) - it's strange that that doesn't seem to work for you. In the pre Unity 5.1 Oculus integration you could dismiss the HSW programmatically using OVRManager.DismissHSWDisplay(), but it also only worked after that minimum period of 5 seconds passed. I've yet to work with the new integrated VR, so I don't know if this is still an option.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  3. LordChilli

LordChilli

Thanks - no, it's very odd, but no combination of keypresses, even after five seconds will dismiss it. I only found out that tapping on the Oculus would clear it by chance, after an extremely frustrating day of not quite being able to see my projects!

If anyone else is having this problem can you let me know?

4. bfloch

bfloch

Which version are you on? Early 5.1 have the known issue that you can only dismiss it by tapping.
    You can tap the device (no joke) which should get rid of it.

I'm not even sure if this was changed as I disabled it completely for sanity.

5. LordChilli

LordChilli

I'm using 5.1.2p2 - and yes, tapping the device lightly after about five seconds does dismiss it. If there's a way of disabling the message permanently on the mac (for development only), that would be enormously helpful.

6. Furcifer

Furcifer

I'm having same problem. Thx for posting the tap solution. I was switching over to windows to build and play, which was getting annoying. Only happens with my builds from Unity 5.1.2 when playing on mac side. Warning dismisses with keyboard press on windows builds from same Unity project. Warning also dismisses with key press when playing downloaded VR apps on mac.