Search Unity

Discovering new games through Unity Rewarded install ads / getting banned

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ina, May 13, 2019.

1. ina

ina

So I made the mistake of discovering new games through Unity Rewarded ads and now my Unity ads account is permanently banned (all revenue 0'd). This is the latest after weeks of Unity Pro support silence.

As an indie who hasn't seen the usual AAA games that can afford to advertise on this network, I found it educational (if nothing else) to install and try out these other games.

These are honest installs on my own phone because the ad seemed interesting. I can understand why this could be an issue for impression-based ads, but feel that it shouldn't apply to installs.

What if I saw an ad while playing my own game where I was interested in the install? It's hard installs that are paid for and a real install actually happened. It's true that most of the games just don't stick for me - but I ended up logging hours into quite a few other games I discovered.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

3. cephalo2

cephalo2

I have to admit, I have been tempted to install on some of those ads during testing. Luckily I was too busy to pull the trigger.

4. ina

ina

So my account got un-banned, but I don't think it is able to monetize anymore...

Just logged in and noticed that they put a "-81.42" on my Unity Ads account. Before, there was about enough to pay for a month of Unity Pro, but that has all been deducted. I have no idea how they calculated that I now owe Unity ads money.

Though I have requests and impressions, they all read as 0 eCPM after this.

Would be nice to get an explanation of what happened, or how they itemized this.