Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[-50% OFF SALE! - Save $600✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Weather effects WIP for v3.4

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Rainbow added for v3.4.The rainbow can be tweaked for transparency, brightness and tint.

The final technical sides are now done and i am polishing everything for the Beta release next week.

Big -34% discount on Sky Master ULTIMATE- ($59 instead of $90)

To celebrate the imminent release of the new v3.4 of Sky Master ULTIMATE i will hold a discount for a limited time.

Enjoy :)

3. recon0303

recon0303

any idea how long your sale will be? I been debating for awhile to buy this asset or not. Also I was waiting for a sale, sadly I need to wait for some more income to come in, which will be soon. So hoping to finally buy this for our mobile game.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

I plan to keep it until Friday. Also i advise to check the mobile demo and see if the system suits the needs.

Note also that a full mobile integration in the Configurator is not yet in the system (though the mobile demo is complete, but there is not yet integrated with the Configurator as it is rather complex to mix PC and mobile in a single system, so the demo is the main guide for mobile use for now and has all mobile ready components)

If in doubt, i can also send a test version of the current system (v3.3) for evaluation.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Joint demo for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and InfiniGRASS v1.7
    (the 1st version will release on Monday, with limited Sky Master integration -volume fog, dynamic evolving volume clouds without controller, snow and river water - and will be expanded with full integration later in the week). All items in the pics are included in Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 (water, clouds, fog etc) and InfiniGRASS v1.7 (grass, trees, rocks etc), no other system is required.

To celebrate the imminent release of the new v3.4 of Sky Master ULTIMATE i will hold a discount for a limited time.

6. recon0303

recon0303

eh?? I thought before it was said that it was ready for Android.... What is not ready for mobile Android...I have no way to test to see if it works for all Android... So if that is the case let me know.

7. recon0303

recon0303

This... has this changed??

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

It is ready for Android, the items that are specially made for mobile are not yet exposed to the configurator and need to be manually changed (e.g. the sky shader in the sky material, the water material etc). I have a demo with all changed of course, but not yet automated the step by step insertion in the scene like the Desktop version of items.

No, this is as stated. The mobile demo assets can be seen in the Latitude/Longitude PC demo as well (uses all the SM2.0 variants that are compatible with Android) and there is an APK demo as well with this for testing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBWEJoQ1Y3TTQwQUU/view?usp=sharing

9. recon0303

recon0303

Got ya, Thanks. That is fine as long as it is there and there is docs demo of sort..That is all I care.

Thanks Nasos.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

I can put together a guide to what exactly is changed vs the Desktop, basically it is the sky - water materials and a shader for mesh terrains that can emulate terrain fog, for all these i have samples in the Mobile demo so it is easy to get started, for any question i can help asap as well.

The skybox material is found in the Lighting section of Unity, in skybox section. And the water material is assigned on the water planes (parented to the water script prefab - "PlaneLARGE" items)

The distant mesh terrain material is "Grass (Hill) 3 FOGGY 1" in the Mobile demo scene (v3.3 with Sky Master) and is assigned to the far mountains for the scatter fog emulation and also assigned to the fog controller in "TerrainMat" variable (SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs script in "terrrain_far_02" item). The controller will change the scatter parameters based on time of day and sun position.

Note also that some of the weather effects may have to be regulated with less particles for example (the particle counts are set in skymastermanager script for snow and rain e.g. "refract_rain_max_particle" and "snow_max_particle" variables). The snow shader for meshes and volume smoke effects also have a SM2.0 variant, if required.

Also this demo is for the SM2.0 variants, for newer mobile the SM3.0 version of effects could also be used (to the extend the performance allows)

The volumetric clouds latest shader is also SM3.0 (with the scatter), so for these you need to change to a particle shader (like in my older materials). Volume particle Clouds with SM2.0 materials are in my v2.x demos, for reference.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 WIP with InfiniGRASS v1.7

12. recon0303

recon0303

Sure wait until I buy it, which waiting for some funds.. Which should be any day.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The 5th volume cloud type is finilized and integrated (thicker more vertical looking style) and the rainbow is also controlled by the cloud script with an (optional) automatic mode to handle it before and after rain.

The Inspector is also augmented to sense which clouds are active and enable only the specific properties for control, some of the types have extra controls for fine tuning.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tweaking for the final presets and the new v3.4 demo

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 and InfiniGRASS v1.7, the grass - trees etc are directly compatible with Sky Master Gradual Snow Growth system.

InfiniGRASS v1.7 Demo (Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta on volume clouds-fog & river water)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/INFINIDY/INFINIGRASS/INFINIGRASSv17_SKYMASTER_DEMO.html

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric lighting v3.4 WIP

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 WIP - Cloud wind

docsavage likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The Beta is progressing with the final technical issues being solved (cloud shadows tweaking, fixed issue with 2ond directional light and addpass in clouds, tweaking of rainbow behavior for various weather types, adding more special effects in demo etc)

The v3.4 demo will arrive soon (probably in weekend) and the Beta should be ready for next week release.

Sky Master ULTIMATE discount is extended
    and will be on sale early next week as well !!!

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 new demo pics. Latest demo additions are a freeze screen option (gradual and controllable), a more complete snow showcase and a "Weather severity" parameter that will directly affect the amount of rain and snow on the selected weather.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

First WIP Beta demo of Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Atoll demo:
    (I will post new links o the demo soon, Dropbox blocked the previous one due to bandwidth limitations - too much traffic)

I decided to export a preview demo for the Beta (not final Beta demo) for getting impressions on the system and more suggestions. The Beta will be released later this week after all refinement and tweaking has finished.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  23. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

It seems all my demos are disabled by Dropbox, due to bandwidth limitations. I will try to contact Dropbox and restore functionality as soon as possible and if all else fail i will upload Windows version of the demos as standalones for download though Google Drive.

Please excuse the inconvinience.

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta has got another extension, now the water is fully compatible with WebGL, i have finally managed to find the issue caused by the different handling in WebGL build and editor for water shader and i will have this update along v3.4 as well for a more complete package.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A hotfix for making water work fully on WebGL
    is now available for v3.3d for everyone interested, on PM request.

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta is now available for Google Drive download for everyone interested. Please send a PM with the invoice and i will send a link asap.

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta Demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/ATOLL v3.4 DEMO.html

A few notes on the demo, the system is used to full extend in the demo, so there is full reflections from everything by default and clouds are also in the top quality, plus all effects are active at once (e.g. dynamic gameobject particles with multiple forces, volumetric lighting, volume fog, all cloud layers reflected in the water etc), so there is a lot of room for further optimization. The demo included in the Beta download has more optimizations in place than the webplayer demo (e.g. onle one cloud layer is reflected, reflections are controlled with layers etc)

The system has a very big number of new features and new extended configurator and design, it will be great to have suggestions as to what else could go in for easier use and other needs that may be important to access through the configurator. It is advised to make a backup of the scenes or project before installing the Beta, i have tested extensively and it is close to release quality and backwards compatibility, but better be on the safe side.

The new gradient based coloration system, volume clouds and lighting modules can be setup through the inspector in already exisiting Sky Master setups. Make sure to disable the volume particle clouds when using the new shader volume clouds, by removing from the SkyMasterManager volume clouds references, so one volumetric cloud type is used at every one time for performance.

To make the most out of the included terrain shader, the Unity terrain splat maps must also have a normal map assigned, so snow and wetness can adapt to small detailed detphs of the splat texture (this applies to the current version as well).

27. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 , this asset has come so far since you were first mooting inclusion of moon etc.

1. I am nothing if not persistent. Can I hassle you again for full fsms and integration with Playmaker?

2. With that, how about an editor and runtime support for round-year and seasons and moon phases ... effectively shifting climate with all effects over time with various presets like say temperate, tropical, desert, rain forest, tundra, Arctic...?

Just some thoughts for 3.5+

28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I have started with Playmaker, installed and done a few tutorials, the main issue is that i dont have a clear picture of what to implement, for example what functionalities etc. Is it posible to define some scenarios that Playmaker would be used with the sky system so i get an idea of the exact gameplay functioanlity to implement ? This would help a lot focus and deliver the first pack faster.

About #2, this is one of the goals for later releases, i take it step by step though to perfect the individual effects and now i have also added a weather severity in v3.4 (can be seen in the v3.4 demo as well) that further helps enchance the feeling of a changing weather (e.g. from starting low rain to heavier effect etc). The plan is when i am pleased with all weather effects, to create a higher level controller that will use the current weather and weather events system to deliver the automatic seasonal control.

The preset idea is very nice, i will try to implement this as well along the automated seasonal changing, when i start on the system.

The moon phases are automated when the current latitude/longitude system for the moon is used, depending on sun and moon placement and region.

Sky Master v3.4 Beta is also available for download in google drive.

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

New GI Proxy demo with v3.4 Volume lighting. Real time color grab

Video with the new volume light:

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Glass and volume light effects in v3.4, with GI Proxy for Global Illumination (GI roxy asset is included in Sky Master ULTIMATE)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Global Illumination and the new Volume lighting system in v3.4 Beta. (With and without the v3.4 Volume lighting system pics)

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta is now available for Google Drive download for all Sky Master ULTIMATE users. Please send a PM with the invoice and i will send a link asap.

32. sh1nji

sh1nji

i have some problem to set add event

that happens:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Artngame.SKYMASTER.SkyMasterManager.LateUpdate () (at Assets/SkyMaster/Scripts/V1.0 Scripts/SkyMasterManager.cs:621)

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

There is a bug in the event system in v3.3d, which happens when no volume clouds are defined for a weather used in the events. The solution is to do a null check in code.

This has been addressd in the new v3.4 Beta, which i can send right away for download. Note that the Beta is polished for near production qualty and also is only Beta concerning the new systems and features added, everything from the v3.3d is enchanced and in final quality, so can be used for production and enchance the current systems.

To fix in the v3.3d, you can replace the below code in line 621 in SkyMasterManager.cs

Code (csharp):
    2. currentWeather.VolumeScript.FadeOutOnBoundary=true;//makesurecloudsgo out
    3. currentWeather.VolumeScript.DestroyOnfadeOut=true;
    with

Code (csharp):
    2. if(currentWeather.VolumeScript != null){
    3.    currentWeather.VolumeScript.FadeOutOnBoundary=true;//makesurecloudsgo out
    4.    currentWeather.VolumeScript.DestroyOnfadeOut=true;
    5. }
    Let me know for any further questions.

34. sh1nji

sh1nji

this work.

Now i have more one question how can i define clouds for a weather used in the events?

I have no idea how can i set the weather to be set automatic, for exemple set snow, rain.
    Thank so much

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  35. nasos_333

nasos_333

The clouds are pre-defined in code for each weather, so some weathers wont have clouds, but the clouds for the weathers that do (e.g. heavy storm) can be changed to a custom prefab in the SkyMasterManager script, in the
    volume clouds variables ("Heavy Storm Volume clouds", "Day Clear Volume Clouds" etc). These parameters are filled with the default clouds by using the Configurator icons in the clouds section with various options. These correpsond to prefabs in the PrefabWizard folder, so press on one of the variables and this will highliht the prefab in the Project window, then you may copy this and change it at will, to test it while changing, you can drag the prfab in the scene and enter play mode to see the clouds, then when changes are done Apply the prefab and insert it instead of my prefabs in thre SkyMasterManager variables (drag from the Project window)

The events will do automatic weather when set, depending on the event choices. You can also program a weather change in code by changing the SkyMasterManager public variable "currentWeatherName" (pull down menu) and program custom behaviors.

Let me know for more questions and details

36. sh1nji

sh1nji

and where i can find the option to set the automatic weather ?

thank

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

If you mean weather changes per season in an automated way, this is not yet implemented for the new system (volume weather) and will be done for later versions as a higher level controller that will use the events to define weather patterns and the smooth weather transitions to shift between them. I do this step by step, by refining the modules that will finally be combined to do a fully automated yearly cycle.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Desert effects, new v3.4 demo WIP

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The v3.4 Beta testing is going very well, i have various great comments of the improved usuability and i am grad these help a lot in various ways streamline the experience.

From the feedback so far, some things i am working on to improve further for the store release

1. Extra tweaking in the new shader clouds, to get them to the demo quality when inserting them from the configurator, without extra user input. This is a bit tricky, as there is so many possibilities in their configuration, but i will try my best to make the as beautifull as possible when they are first entered in the scene from the configurator option

2. The ground shader setup is a bit tricky as well and not easy to setup, even with the new options in Inspector, due to how the shader works, so for this end i will offer a few presets to make evident what the various slider combinations can emulate (e.g. wet ground etc) so take the guessing of how to configure the sliders out of the equation (and still offer micro tweaking with the sliders of course)

Other things in WIP for the release is a new Mars like planet setting, with dust storms, dual suns etc and a new demo for GI Proxy with the volumetric lighting (the one in the recent video posted), plus refinements in the Attol v3.4 demo.

v3.4 will be a major release, so i will take a bit more time to super polish it before the store, with further tweaking of defaults and refinement of controls.

The Beta is available in google drive download for all current users of the pack. A big thanks to everyone that has participated in the Beta so far !!!and provided valuable feedback.

Beta demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/ATOLL v3.4 DEMO.html

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A few more tweaks for the next Beta patch:

- fix issue where moon system wont be affected by worldscale factor if lat/lon moon is setup before the scaling happens (currently will work normally if scaling happens first and then lat/lon moon is activated)
    - add option for volume particle clouds to be created on map center or a customized shifted position (currently is enabled in a way such that will traverse the map with wind, this will remain the default option)
    - Add a help text stating that the Skydome option is for special cases (e.g. when two skies needed in the same scene or skybox is not available or viewable) and should not be used for the normal sky case (which works in the Unity 5 skybox by default and is enabled when "Add Sky" is pressed and is the most feature full version)

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta Webplayer demo: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/Sky Master/SKY MASTER 3/ATOLL v3.4 DEMO.html

recon0303 likes this.
  42. 600

Impressive asset!
    For how long there will be this sale?

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

I decided to have the sale until the v3.4 Beta releases on the store, so will be for the coming working week as well for sure as i need to add a few refinements to the next Beta patch and then test a bit more before release as well.

So the discount will be active until the next Friday for sure and maybe even more depending on what more polishing that comes up to do before the release by any further Beta user recommendations.

600 likes this.
  44. recon0303

recon0303

I would say anyone on the fence about buying this, I would say do it, I have used many others like this, and this one has way more to offer and the support is top notch, Nasos replies very fast.. and always long and thought out replies to any issue. I now own This tool, and because of this tool, I bought InfiniGrass and Tree now..

Sky Master I believe has the best UI, the others are good, but need work. I'm a bit picky so some may be ok, with it since I design UI's I tend to be picky with everyone about them..So don't read into that to much. Meaning the other tools that Nasos has made, but in his defense, other assets are the same..Some are bad, and I end up fixing the UI myself most of the time.. Nasos I really didn't I made some minor changes, but that is because i'm picky.

The only con, I would say is that I would like to see the code cleaned up a little, which I notice he does with every new update and gets better every time... So really not to bad of a con.. Some may be turned off like myself when you see some of the programmers art on some of the videos, remember you can change it and should most of the time. Those are there just to show you some features that his tools can do.. This is all my opinion of course..

I waited over a year to buy this tool and my only regret is that I did not buy it sooner..Nasos works really hard and cares about his assets. Top Notch Developer in my opinion. No offense to other asset developers, but I would say about 20% of them are like Nasos which give good support and update there assets a lot ... He will also help you with features you may be doing for your game if you are having issues , something he doesn't have to do..

docsavage likes this.
  45. Duffer123

Duffer123

@nasos_333 ,

I know I rant on about it, but any chance of Playmaker integration in 3.5 or 3.6? Also full Seasons support?

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi Duffer,

I had a first go with Playmaker, though i could not determine well what actions to put in it for the system. Could you provide some insight as to what would be some important Playmaker actions that would like to implement and i will try to start on such as priority, as now v3.4 Beta is almost done and i could work on this along the final few tweaks (a bit of parameter tweaking in the new shader clouds and a control for gradient fog resolution mainly is what remains) i do for the system (and also cover v3.4 features)

Duffer123 likes this.
  47. Duffer123

Duffer123

On hols at mo but will give that some support on my return.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great, let me know and i will try to implement as many items as possible before v.4 store release

I am on vocation as well, I will return this weekend to full development

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video showing the new controls in Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 Beta for water transparency, reflection and other properties.

recon0303 likes this.
  50. errandfox

errandfox

Is there anything I'm doing wrong to make my framerate drop so badly when adding water into any environment?? i added a standard 4/6 tile plane, and dropped from 50-60 down to around 25; when i removed the water, no more issues. I also got little delays whenever the water came into view on my camera - a frozen pause for a second, then when i turn away from the water, no more freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large the water is, the performance drop is the same.