Search Unity

[Discount offers -Save $600!✅]Sky Master ULTIMATE: Sky, Ocean, Volume Clouds-lighting, Weather, RTGI

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nasos_333, Nov 17, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system adds a single controller script (SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER.cs) that handles terrain materials and fog/sun shafts (in VR too).

This script goes to the first terrain, the rest are just receiving the custom terrain material i have in the pack, for snow etc, but you may add any material instead or add the material manually in the terrains options as well later, there is no restriction for that (just that snow will grow if the shader is applied, if you have mesh terrains you can apply the mesh snow shader etc or use custom shaders and other snow systems as needed)

If the terrains streamed have the material with snow, they will receieve snow normally as the SkyMasterManager will regulate the material snow growth for all instances that use it.

So essentially you can add only one main terrain in the Configurator and apply the script, then do anything else with the rest of terrains (e.g. add the same material for snow, or a custom one and replace with it the terrain that was setup etc)

The Unity terrain material is directly controlled by the SkyMasterManager snow system by increasing a SnowCoverage local variable (so all terrainswith snow must have the same material) and mesh snow material is controlled by the same script but has a global shader variable (so if meshes have different materials with the same shader, will all still receieve snow properly).

Let me know for further questions

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Dawn

Stormy

Day

Dusk

Night

Some of the WIP in the SM3.0 cloud shader variant, with light scatter, depth extinction, custom distant fog color and intensity and much more

The current discounted price will return to the regular when the review is done and v3.3c is up on the store, this week.

Make sure to grab Sky Master ULTIMATE at the current lower price, while the offer lasts.

The new version (3.3c) is also available on PM request for immediate use.

3. recon0303

recon0303

That did;nt answer my question for me , I have a streamed terrain custom non mesh. So I will have about 20 different terrains, terrain one - four may have snow, terrain 5-8 may have fall leaves or something, the rest may be rain... I know that is particles but different seasons basically.. So I want to be able to have change different terrains, so when I stream, them..

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

The particle effects have no relation to the terrains, probably that is why i misundestood the question. They will be enabled based on weather (e.g. rain particles on rain, snow particles on snow) and they follow the hero or main camera by default (so no matter which terrain is active, the particles will appear). Follow can be disabled too if need in SkyMasterManager script (uncheck the local rain, local snow etc options).

Note that there is no weather associated with falling leaves, i can add one for next version if you need it as weather to be enabled on demand (now i have this only a sample and is in the older version, so the legacy weather effects must be enabled and autumn season)

Only the gradual snow growth on the ground relates to terrains (not the particles, the ground filling with snow) and this is done via the material assigned to the terrain when you do the setup in the configurator.

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 - New volume clouds system WIP

Last days of the Sky Master ULTIMATE discount !!!

Make sure to grab Sky Master ULTIMATE at the current lower price, while the offer lasts.

The new version (3.3c) is also available on PM request for immediate use.

6. recon0303

recon0303

I don't think you still don't understand the question, I should of used materials as an example for seasons.... I plan to use different materials for each terrain... period, again, it will NOT be a mesh, it will be streaming ... I plan to stream my terrains.. I do not want to have the same materials for each terrain I need to be able to change them.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

You can change the material of your Unity terrains, there is no such restriction.

The only thing that the configurator does is to apply my snow enabled material to the terrains configured (when inserted in the configurator list) and the SeasonalTerrainSKYMASTER script in only the first of the terrains, if you want you can configure only one terrain so the script is setup and then change the material to anything, the rest of terrains can also use any other material, multiple or not etc

There is no restriction when streaming either, any material can be used for any terrain.

If you get some problem with the system in streaming terrains, please let me know of the exact issue so i can have a look at it too, i try to cover as many cases as possible, so if there is something i have not addressed and is happening on your side in a particilar configuration, let me know for details and i will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Testing Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 with InfiniGRASS and the new volume clouds

recon0303 likes this.
  9. recon0303

recon0303

sorry for the confusion thanks for explaining this. That answered it.

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Let me know for any further questions.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I just realized that the system may produce an error if the tag based player is set and the "Player" tagged item is not in the scene and has to be instantiated in run time.

I will add a check for that and send a hotfix to everyone interested today (please send a PM if interested in the particular hotfix). The fix will be included in the next version.

Also to change the player now there is a need to nullify the "Hero" variable in the SkyMasterManager script, so the system searches for a new one (or erase the current hero, which will auto-nullify it). I will add an automatic nullify of the variable in the Inspector when "Define player" button is pressed as well.

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.3d hotfix is now available through google drive download on PM request.

The patch addresses an issue when the player needs to be defined by tag and is instantiated at run time (so not in the scene when the game starts)

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 - Volumetric shade clouds WIP

This is a new sub system that will emulate side and higher clouds using just quads and a system to have them look at the camera that i devised today. Videos will follow soon.

This mode is the fastest from performance standpoint.

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v.3.3d has been submitted to the store and pending review

- Fixed issue where "Player" tagged player produced an error in "Tag by Player" mode, when the tagged item is not in the scene (e.g. instantiated at runtime)

- Refined the "Define player" button to re-initialize the hero if Camera was selected before the Tag by player mode was enable.

- Fixed issue where the sky preview between 11:00 and 16:00 was wrong colors in editor preview for one of the sky presets

- Shader clouds now appear on game start based on chosen weather and will not fade in

- Added extra help on site for Terrain setup in the Sky Master Configurator inspector

- Fixed issue where the camera would shift in the Y axis by 10 units when "Add Sky" button is pressed

16. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A hotfix for the v3.3d changes is now also available through Google drive on PM request, for everyone that does not want to wait for the store review or download the whole asset.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some hints for getting best performance:

1. Apply layers to the PlanarReflectionSM script on water ("Reflection mask" list), for limiting the items rendered by the reflection camera. The reflection map resolution can also be downscaled from the same script.

2. Apply layers (culling mask) to the "TerrainDepthRender SkyMaster" Camera, for limiting the items rendered by the depth camera (which is used for sea shore handling)

3. In normal day cycle speeds, apply bigger numbers in "Ambient Update Every" (when Update Sky Ambient is ebanled) and "Update_mat_every" parameters in SkyMasterManager, as big as possible before the update starts to become visible.

18. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

Hi,
    A while back I saw you working on a "local volume lights" feature. Is this implemented yet, and if so, is it a real volumetric light, or more like a sun shafts image effect?

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

The system is WIP and due to the complexity this will be in one of the v3.5 or v3.6 versions. I have both a working sun shafts system for directional from any angle (unlike the Unity sun shafts effect that works only when sun is close to visible) with sky scattering and one system for spot lights and working on the point lights.

When point lights are done i will start on integration and release the system.

There is also a chance that the two systems are not released together and i will try to do the sun one faster to come with the clouds in v3.4, but i cannot say yet whether this will be possible or will need extra time to make this one perfect and gurantee it plays well with all other modules.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  20. Deckard_89

Deckard_89

Ok, thanks.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 - Volumetric shade clouds WIP

This is a new sub system that will emulate side and higher clouds using just quads and a system to have them look at the camera that i devised today. Videos will follow soon.

This mode is the fastest from performance standpoint.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

New easy to use Gradient based coloration feature for sky - fog - water TOD changes (WIP) for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.3e.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

New easy to use Gradient based coloration feature for sky - fog - water TOD changes (WIP) for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.3e.

Application on the v3.4 Volume shader clouds and v3.5 FFT water. All new modules will be compatible with the Gradient coloration feature and adjust the system based on the defined TOD colors.

24. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Hey Nasos,

I am currently working on a game for VR (Oculus) and have a cloud system in place but it is eating 30-40fps if I am looking at many clouds. This is unacceptable as I cannot go below 90fps. The current solution can be found here. How does your solution stack up against this one? Is it actually mobile friendly? Will I see as many performance issues as I am seeing?

Thanks,
    Colton

EDIT: The game we are creating contains floating islands, the clouds are for the blank space below the platforms.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

On my system, the current shader clouds are very light (http://i.imgur.com/XehTIR2.jpg), they are not volume ones though (so no fly through, like the system mentioned).

The volumetric particle clouds system can vary from heavy to light and are compatible with SM2.0 on older shaders (e.g. particle shaders) and SM3.0 with new shaders (default in latest version). The particle clouds take only one draw call, so in that regard take as low as possible. The issue is the controller and overdraw, but both are adjustable with spread calcs per frame for the controller or disable systems to cut back on calculations etc for the controller and you can get good results with very few particles too (around 300-400 and a bit bigger size) so they could work on mobile, but i would still not recommend for lower end ones.

Also this system support precision placement of clouds (using boxes as references for cloud centers) so you can get the best possible placement for optimization (e.g. create a cumulous wihtout all the inner clouds etc).

The upcoming volume shader clouds can also be seen only from top or bottom of stage (not fly through), but are very scalable and can also use quads with a system i devised that follows camera rotation for side clouds (or quads for the flat plane, which is the easy case). This system is coming in v3.4 and the user can enable as many planes as needed (fully customizable) to get the best result. The shaders support SM2.0 and SM3.0 (SM3.0 has a few extra features) and are as light as possible (SM2.0 variant).

Generally amazing looking clouds and mobile are not something that is possible on all systems, but with my systems you get the full range of possible optimizations, ranging from the lowest possible (with still good quality) to the more spectacular variants.

I would suggest when i am close to the beta for v3.4 (with the new volume clouds) to send over an Android demo so you can test the performance of the SM2.0 variant and decide by that if it suits your target platfotms.

26. ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

ColtonKadlecik_VitruviusVR

Sounds good I would love to try it out with the Oculus to make sure everything works before purchasing, when do you think you will be close for v3.4? Is there any kind of demo you can send of your current version for me to try as I don't necessarily need volumetric clouds (billboard might be fine as long as they don't rotate weirdly with the camera).

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Here is an Android demo, that shows the mobile friendly items, this has SM2.0 effects for all items (ground fog in shader for mesh terrain, physcially based sky, lat/lon system, reflective water (no refraction for SM2.0 variant yet), sun shafts etc

Note that new mobile and stronger ones can enable the SM3.0 variants, but this the base that will be most compatible with various models

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QCdE1dswQBWEJoQ1Y3TTQwQUU/view

The volumetric clouds are not included in this demo, these also dont rotate with camera in latest version and are fully stable.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  28. nasos_333

nasos_333

Gradient based coloration WIP, easy to use coloration of time of day cycle

All above variants are achieved with tweaking of only three variables

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  29. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Volumetric Clouds
    for v3.4 & FFT Water & shading for v3.5 - WIP.

All performance metrics above are on my old 2010 PC (core 2 duo CPU)

Adjusting day clouds density and orientation, for a more 'surrounded by clouds' feeling.

Lohrion likes this.
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Volumetric Clouds
    for v3.4 & FFT Water & shading for v3.5 - WIP.

Adjusting the dusk coloration and tweaking for best dusk settings.

Lohrion likes this.
  31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Early WIP on the new volume lighting system for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.6

The new volume shader clouds, FFT ocean and volume lighting system will be worked in parallel for best adaptation and combination in the final system and for blending best with the upcoming in v3.3e gradient coloration system.

chiapet1021 likes this.
  32. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The final step to the new gradient based coloration scheme is now done, adapting it perfectly for the latidute/longitude system, so the gradient will be followed correctly for all regions.

The current WIP is the Inspector/confgurator integration and the release will follow soon after.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

The integration of the new Gradient based sky coloration scheme with the Inspector is now done and is being tweaked. A sample gradient will be available as start point (enabled with button press in the configurator).

Also i have grouped better all configurator variables and tweaked the inspector look, for easier preview and access to the various options.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

Added a few more tweakable parameters for the new Gradient & curve based sky (and fog-cloud-water-ambient etc) coloration scheme.

Also other enhancements include water shader changes preview in editor, multiple new configurator options (reflection strength and controls, fog power, ambient controls, performance controls, new grouping of items etc)

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few pics from my current WIP and tweaking

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few pics while tweaking the upcoming FFT ocean, volume clouds & gradient coloration systems together

37. nasos_333

nasos_333

It has come to my attention that the SpeedTree link for the snow shader for SkyMaster was not enabled in the first page of the official thread (linked though the congfigurator). I have now added the link back and can be directly downloaded from the front page (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/v3...ds-weather-extreme-performance-mobile.280612/).

Also linked below:

Speed Tree shaders download: The shaders must replace the ones in the leaf material of SpeedTree trees and then will be ready to gradually receieve snow in Snow Storm weather. Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/CUSTOM/SpeedTree_SM3.unitypackage

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Dusk with the new Gradient coloration system

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Full volume lighting (v3.6), tests on full Sky Master suit & demo

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics from the WIP with gradient based coloration and the new volumetric shader clouds.

Since the clouds are in a very advanced development state and the controller is nearly done, i think of bringing forth directly v3.4 in the next update, than split to v3.3e (gradient coloration) and then v3.4 (volume clouds).

Also i may hold a beta test phase for the system, to further perfect it. More on these will be decided as i move ahead and finalize the clouds in parallel with the gradient system and see if i can get everything fully polished for a joint release.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video (WIP) from the integration of the new volume clouds and volume lighting, shows how sun beams follow the areas where the sun light passes through the clouds and shadows occlude sun light. Sun beam coloration based on TOD is not yet in in the video (the beam color will shift according to the time of day coloration in the final version).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

One more Video (WIP) from the integration of the new volume clouds and volume lighting, shows how sun beams follow the areas where the sun light passes through the clouds and shadows occlude sun light.

Sun beam coloration and cloud colors based on TOD is not yet in the video (TOD cloud coloration can be seen in the pics posted two posts above)

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

FFT ocean WIP

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE Volumetric gradient fog in use with the new optimized distant 3D forest system of InfiniGRASS

The distant forests react properly to volumetric fog, lighting and shadowing.

A seasonal and weather exchange infromation and automatic style change on the fly is planned for the case both systems are in a project

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

Integration with volume sun lighting

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Upcoming in v3.4. Full gradient coloration & curve based control system, volumetric clouds with light scattering and time of day controller are a few of the upcoming enhancements.

The FFT ocean and full volume lighting model will also arrive soon after v3.4 as are both ready and working and require optimization and completion of integration to the system. Volume lighting is also considered for v3.4, TBD whether will release along with it or move to next update)

Lohrion likes this.
  47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tweaking the volume clouds and lighting systems

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

More cloud formation styles, WIP on higher thickness clouds

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Cloud evolution is an option defined by regulating the cloud layers speeds, i use steady state for the coloration tweaking so far, here is a sample with evolution regulation

elbows likes this.