Search Unity

Discord screen share problems

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by paulatwarp, Sep 30, 2020.

1. paulatwarp

paulatwarp

Whenever I screen share my Unity window over Discord, it flips randomly between the tabs instead of streaming the whole window. Is there a way to get a stable view?

2. Homicide

Homicide

I'm not so sure this is a unity issue, but i will say that i too observed this strange behaviour on discord. We just switched to full screen share and it worked fine.

Cheers.

3. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

Having the same issue.

Full screen share also works for us, but you can't include audio if you use full screen share :( anyone have a solution?

4. Padd_

Padd_

@paulatwarp have you found a solution to this problem all this time? Thank you.

5. paulatwarp

paulatwarp

So far as I know, sharing the desktop rather than the window is the only way to fix the problem.

Padd_ likes this.
  6. Rylan523

Rylan523

I found a solution assuming you want to show the game window, if you go to the 'Game' window, there is an option which by default says 'Play Focused', if you change it to 'Play Maximized' the 'Game' windows becomes the only window to be displayed in Unity, and therefore the only windows that Discord is able to capture. However if you want to screenshare anything other than the 'Game' window im not sure of any other methods to fix that. screenshot.png

7. kylecogswell9

kylecogswell9

I found a FIX
    Hey there all, I recently ran into an issue with screen sharing my unity in discord. During my screen share it would randomly swap tabs and not actually show my scene window. I looked online and couldn't find a soluition. If you are also having this problem you most likely just stream your whole screen like I did. I found a fix for this issue!!
    1. Go to discord Settings
    2. Click Voice and Video
    3. Scroll down to the bottom
    4. You will see an option that says *Screen Share*
    5. Locate the option that says "Use our advanced technology to capture your screen"
    6. Turn this option off
    7. Restart screen share
    Hopefully this fixes your issue!

DeathPro, Sara_01 and paulatwarp like this.
  8. paulatwarp

paulatwarp

Awesome find!