Search Unity

Disabling IMGUI module in package manager makes TMP complain

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Rodolphito, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Rodolphito

Rodolphito

I'd like to cut out unused modules, and since I am not using the old gui system anywhere, then I want to get rid of it. The problem is that Text Mesh Pro depends on it! So, should I give or is there a way to do it? Or am I mistaken in believing that I should cut out modules manually?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

The Unity Editor and TextMesh Pro Inspectors need IMGUI.

If you meant to say UGUI, TextMesh Pro does currently have a dependency on that but that is something I am hoping to change going forward. But until then, TMP requires UGUI.

3. Rodolphito

Rodolphito

I understand that the editor components need IMGUI, I thought that it could be disabled for the build. Looking at the built executable, the IMGUI DLL is included, although it is not used anywhere in the project, at least not in non-editor scripts. This is why I wanted to remove it.

4. Tudor_n

Tudor_n

Would also like to see IMGUI stripped from the built package. Anything planned for that ?

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Yes but no ETA on this yet.

Tudor_n likes this.
  6. adam_sgil

adam_sgil

yes please also.

7. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

UGUI will become a package in Unity 2019.1 and as such should now get striped from builds unless it is used.

TMP will now have a dependency on the UGUI package. Both TMP text components have this dependency but this is something I would like to do away for the normal <TextMeshPro> component. Obviously the <TextMeshProUGUI> component will still have the dependency.