Search Unity

Disabling all activations

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LostInTheMachine, Mar 21, 2017.

1. LostInTheMachine

LostInTheMachine

Hi Unity

Why can't I "Disable All Activations" with my Unity Pro Subscription. When offered the link "Disable existing activations" I'm taken to a page that tells me that "You have not yet added any licenses to your account" - which is wrong! There is a small link underneath - "Manage subscriptions from the new online store". You click on the link and there is nowhere to "Disable all activations". Grrrrr!

This was something I could do before I upgraded my perpetual license so why not now? when I flag an issue with Support it days days for someone to respond and then manually deactivate. So I'm paying $125/month and there are times when I simply can't use Unity Pro as I would like. This is an intolerable situation.

I have had several licensing related issues since "upgrading" to the subscription model. The current system is just broken. I have one activation currently and Unity insists otherwise - I had a situation where I had to restore a machine to an older state and this seemingly invalidated the activation. The manual activation doesn't work because it still requires I deactivate before activating again.

I am aware this has been posted several times but this is an issue that is important and needs fixing. Unity is not acting in the best interest of its customers. This used to work perfectly - please explain to me why things have changed for the worse?

At the very least licensing issues should have a dedicated channel. Sometimes licensing issues can be critical, especially when they come up close to deadlines. They should be dealt with as quickly as possible. 48+ hours is not my idea of quick.

Thanks
    Scott License Screen.JPG

AndrewPM_86 likes this.