Search Unity

Discussion Disabling a Script in the Inspector

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by John-B, May 22, 2023.

1. John-B

John-B

Didn't it used to be possible to disable a script in the Inspector? I distinctly remember there being a checkbox next to the script name, like there is for colliders. It was a useful debugging tool that I used all the time. I see there's also no checkbox for particle systems, though I don't recall if there ever was. Looks like currently the renderer and audio source can also be disabled, though rigid bodies never could. Anybody else remember there being a checkbox for scripts in the Inspector, or miss it?

2. spiney199

spiney199

Kurt-Dekker, dgoyette and PraetorBlue like this.
  3. John-B

John-B

I knew I'd seen and used that checkbox before. I didn't realize it only applied to certain functions.

What about a Play button for an Audio Source? Didn't it used to be possible to play from the Inspector? The Play button is only available when the asset is selected, so you can't hear what the sound will actually sound like (volume, pitch, etc.).

4. spiney199

spiney199

I've never seen that in any Unity version from 2019 onwards that I've used. Though it should be something that exists out of the box, and doesn't require custom inspector/editor stuff.