Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Disabled collider is enabled but disabled

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Ambrose998800, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Ambrose998800

Ambrose998800

Hello and happy new year!
    I have a object that I switch from skinned mesh renderer to "rigid" mesh renderer and vice versa. This works good, but when I set up the mesh components, I add a mesh collider and I am disabling it right after creation. But it is still enabled and messes with other active collider until I enable and disable it again in the inspector. So it is disabled but enabled at the same moment:
    ColliderDisableIssue - 01.png 1. Mesh collider component is disabled, but mesh collider gizmo is visible and collides
    ColliderDisableIssue - 02.png 2. I enable mesh collider component in the inspector, mesh collider gizmo becomes lighter
    ColliderDisableIssue - 03.png 3. I disable mesh collider component again, gizmo disappears and no collisions (what I want)

How can I disable it right from the beginning? Here is the code for the collider setup that is called at start:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void SetupMeshComponents()
    2.     {
    3.         DynamicSoftBody.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>().BakeMesh(DynamicSoftBody.AddComponent<MeshFilter>().mesh);
    5.         DynamicSoftBody.AddComponent<MeshRenderer>().material = DynamicSoftBody.GetComponent<SkinnedMeshRenderer>().material;
    7.         DynamicSoftBody.AddComponent<MeshCollider>().sharedMesh = DynamicSoftBody.GetComponent<MeshFilter>().mesh;
    9.         DynamicSoftBody.GetComponent<MeshCollider>().enabled = false;
    11.         DynamicSoftBody.GetComponent<MeshCollider>().convex = true;
    12.     }