Search Unity

Disable then Enable Object with ComputeShader breaks the shader... help!

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by RedVonix, Dec 15, 2017.

1. RedVonix

RedVonix

I'm using a ComputeShader for a visual effect - specifically the Cocuy effect, and posting here as I'm not able to get a response from the developer.

I'm finding if I disable the object that the shader is attached to, then re-enable it, I get the following message spammed constantly...

Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: GetRef
    3. UnityEngine.ComputeShader.SetBuffer (Int32 kernelIndex, System.String name, UnityEngine.ComputeBuffer buffer) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/ComputeShaderBindings.gen.cs:129)
    This is being caused by trying to set a buffer, at this line of code...
    Code (csharp):
    2. m_particleAreaShader.SetBuffer(m_advectKernel, "_Obstacles", m_simulation.ObstaclesBuffer);
    I've been trying to fix this for the past few hours and am losing what little hair I have left trying to do so. Any advice or tips would be extremely appreciated!

Thank you so much!!!

-Red

Ash-Blue likes this.
  2. RedVonix

RedVonix

We got it working. Found numerous bugs in the Cocuy code that caused problems. Got them fixed on our own.

3. aki-kanerva

aki-kanerva

Hey @RedVonix, I'm having the exact same issue with Cocuy... could you maybe point me in the general direction of which bits of Cocuy code need fixing?