Search Unity

Disable the skip button

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by MadMapp, Jan 5, 2015.

1. MadMapp

MadMapp

hey ive seen some unity adverts in games with no option to skip through the advert, how do i turn off the skip UI on the advert?

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

From the Unity Ads Admin:
    1. Select your game profile
    2. Select the Monetization Settings tab
    3. Select the Show Advanced Settings button
    4. Select the Settings button for the ad placement zone you are using
    5. Uncheck the "Allow video skipping..." option
    You should no longer see the Skip Video UI on your video ads.

Attached Files:

3. MadMapp

MadMapp

thank you very much

4. MadMapp

MadMapp

one morething, i have normal video adverts running intermitently, i also have a button which offers a power up in return for a fully watched add, i want to make this an offer advert, i have created an offer item in the console and i now have a key, how or where would i call this key so both unity knows and my game knows??

5. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Reward item keys are actually a legacy feature left over from the days when Facebook was once one of our supported platforms. Support for this feature is being deprecated. As such, support for it has not been added to the Unity Ads asset package for Unity integration. The configuration options are still available in the Unity Ads Admin, because native SDKs still have support for it.

We recommend you use a callback method assigned to the resultCallback action listener to handle rewarding players.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public static void ShowRewardedAd ()
    2. {
    3.     string zoneID = "rewardedVideoZone";
    5.     // If the value of zoneID is an empty string, set the value to null.
    6.     //  The default zone is used when the value of zoneID is null.
    7.     if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(zoneID)) zoneID = null;
    9.     ShowOptions options = new ShowOptions();
    10.     options.pause = true;                        // Pauses game while ads are shown
    11.     options.resultCallback = HandleShowResult;   // Triggered when the ad is closed
    13.     Advertisement.Show(zoneID,options);
    14. }
    16. public static void HandleShowResult (ShowResult result)
    17. {
    18.     switch (result)
    19.     {
    20.     case ShowResult.Finished:
    21.         // Add code here to rewarding players for watching ads without skipping.
    22.         //  Note: This will be the same result for picture ads when shown.
    23.         Debug.Log("The ad was successfully shown.");
    24.         break;
    25.     case ShowResult.Skipped:
    26.         Debug.Log("The ad was skipped before reaching the end.");
    27.         break;
    28.     case ShowResult.Failed:
    29.         Debug.LogError("The ad failed to be shown.");
    30.         break;
    31.     }
    32. }

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  6. MadMapp

MadMapp

i have this exact code running at present just without a zone id, so basically an offer dosent need the key, it dosent really need anything unity side other than my game id, and that i check it was finished then continue as normal, adding my key to the zone id will show me in my dashboard the number of offered successfully converted, correct?

7. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Right, you don't need to set anything Unity side other than the game ID.

If you don't specify a zone ID, you still need to pass null as a parameter in order to pass the ShowOptions object. There is no override for the Advertisement.Show() method that just takes a single parameter of type ShowOptions. In order to take advantage of the callback action listener, you need to pass a ShowOptions object with your callback method assigned to the resultCallback action.

Since you're not specifying a zone, make sure that you set the rewardedVideoZone as your default zone under your game profile in the Unity Ads Admin.

As for reward item keys, since there's no exposure for them in the current Unity Ads asset package, setting the reward item key in the dashboard has no effect on Unity Ads functionality in Unity based games. So these don't need to be configured either.

Also, with respect to the term "Offers", Offers is the remnant of a feature no longer an available in the latest SDK. We will eventually remove the stat from the dashboard as well.

Salazar likes this.
  8. mdanko

mdanko

9. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Correct, the reward item key feature has been deprecated and removed form the Admin. The documentation still needs to be updated to reflect these changes.

10. Adquizition

Adquizition

I was wondering if there is a way to get disabling of skipping video functionality for non Unity Ad users, but Unity Pro iOS/Android users. Our Unity app shows videos to users and asks them questions about the video they just saw. We don’t want users to skip the video, so I turned off the controls like so:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. protected IEnumerator CoroutinePlayMovie(string __mediaUrlStr)
    2. {
    3.     Handheld.StartActivityIndicator();
    4.     yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.1f);
    6.     Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie (__mediaUrlStr, Color.black, FullScreenMovieControlMode.Hidden, FullScreenMovieScalingMode.AspectFit);
    8.     yield return new WaitForSeconds(0.1f); //Allow time for Unity to pause execution while the movie plays.
    9.     Handheld.StopActivityIndicator();
    10.     Debug.Log ("MOVIE COMPLETE!!!");
    12.     ViewToMediatorSig.Dispatch(PrefabIdStr, "switchview");
    13. }
    The problem is if the user has to switch to another app, the video stops playing even though it's not over and Unity thinks it's done playing so the code moves them along to the questions as if they have viewed the entire ad.

What I would like is if the video player behaved like the video player in the Unity Ads where the user cannot skip the ad, and if the user leaves the app and comes back the video is still there where they left off, forcing them to finish the video. Is this possible with anything in Unity? Is there anyway we can access the video player being used by Unity ads? Or de we have to write native plugins to do what we need? Thanks for any guidance you can give for this.

11. chazzysb

chazzysb

Hi is it possible to have a mixture of both? eg if an ad is displayed during game play then I want to show the skip button so the user has the option and game play isnt disrupted too much, but after a level is completed then I dont want the user to be able to skip and I want to show the whole ad. An extra parameter in show options would be ideal.

12. unitywlp

unitywlp

Hi
    in my console i dont see any option to turn of skip video ads it was disabled by default

13. copperwaif

copperwaif

How can you disable the skip button from the new unity ads dashboard?

14. unitywlp

unitywlp

in the above post i read we can disable skip button now i dont see and also in my dashboard there was a option for this but i was not able to use it since it was disabled to use the option may using disabled for some reason so i am using vungle

15. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

Hi Folks,

Here's a quick update for developers using the new dashboard.

To remove the skip options you'll need to select the "rewardedVideo" placement in your app. This can be selected using the "setZone" method before you play an ad.

Unity 5.2 users can find example code in the Services->Ads menu. (See screenshot)

Kind regards,

Attached Files:

16. chazzysb

chazzysb

Ok this is possible using the zone id parameter in the .Show method.. "rewardedVideo" hides the skip. Also, at the time of writing I found that the options to see these in the dashboard were only visible in FireFox..

17. ink13

ink13

> Has this process changed? I can't seem to follow this same process nowadays?

There is no advanced settings buttont that I can see?

--- edit: sorry, i just read the rest of the post. it looks like this question has already been answered

18. FritzH

FritzH

Developer Relations

@ink13

In the new dashboard, you can find these options by selecting

Game Profile > Platform (iOS or Android) > Ad Placements > Edit

ink13 likes this.