Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Disable show visual feedback?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Jonny-Roy, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Okay, so according to MSDN:

PointerVisualizationSettings.GetForCurrentView().IsContactFeedbackEnabled = false;

Is supposed to disable the touch visual feedback you get onscreen...with this enabled it drops the framerate and looks a bit weird on touch joysticks. So I wanted to disable it, but it just seems to crash the app. Anyone know where to place it?

Thanks,

Jon

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

By default it's already disabled, so you don't need to do anything.

3. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi Tomas, It's still showing up on RT if I enable it in control panel with presentation mode ticked it's really obvious...any thoughts?

Should clarify it's the Surface RT.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Hmph, well anyways, we call these functions inside void AppCallbacks::SetCoreWindowEvents(CoreWindow^ coreWindow) function

PointerVisualizationSettings^ pointerVisualizationSettings = PointerVisualizationSettings::GetForCurrentView();
    pointerVisualizationSettings->IsContactFeedbackEnabled = false;
    pointerVisualizationSettings->IsBarrelButtonFeedbackEnabled = false;

note this is a C++ code.

So you can try to call it again after SetCoreWindowEvents, but I doubt you'll see any differences

5. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

I'll let you know my findings it might be a Windows RT limitation...luckily it doesn't affect my current pending release too much! Thanks for your help!