Search Unity

Question Disable Screen Capture Permission! (Media Projection API)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by hikariakio, Jul 31, 2020.

1. hikariakio

hikariakio

I want to disable the specific permission ( Screen Capture / Screenshot ) from android Media Projection API (like Netflix). I could not find it from Andriod.Permission. Do I need to define it in manifest or is there any other work around?

And I also want to disable the screen capture just on certain scenes? Is that possible? or not disabling for the whole game is also enough.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

You'll have a lot more luck probably googling for this on the Android developer pages. There won't be any direct exposure of this in Unity, but you may be able to use some of the UnityEngine.Android namespace of functions to implement it yourself.

3. hikariakio

hikariakio

What I think is I need to modify the manifest file manually. Let me research more and will update it.

4. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Most likely it is a variation of this.

Once you figure out what it is, you can make an Android-specific editor post-build step to always do it.

Here is a bunch of interesting information regarding manipulating the AndroidManifest.xml file via Unity:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-manifest.html

hikariakio likes this.
  5. FantiniMotionandStrategy

FantiniMotionandStrategy

Hi there! Are there any updates on disabling the screen capture on Android applications?