Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Disable/Remove Collaborate from my project! Keeps starting.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by holdingjason, Aug 1, 2019.

1. holdingjason

holdingjason

I want to stop using collaborate however I have completely uninstalled the package, removed the collab folder and all other collab files from my project. Went into project settings and removed the collab = 0 line as well.

AND it still starts scanning if you click on services tab or if that comes up auto when you restart. Only way so far to kill it is unlink the project totally but that gets rid of my ability to use other services.

Not sure if it will come back again if I relink.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @holdingjason, I'm sorry that you are disappointed with Collaborate. You should only need to disable Collaborate from the tab in the Services Window and uninstall the package from the Package Manager to remove all references to the service completely. Make sure to restart after uninstalling the package to fully unload all references. What messaging are you seeing when you click on the Services Window or start up your project?

It is possible to relink your project and retain connection to your services after unlinking it. In the Services Window, click on the "I already have a Unity Project ID", then select your project from the dropdown list to relink to your original project.