Search Unity

Disable old Vuforia after upgrade my project to 2017.3.1 ?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by U7Games, Mar 25, 2018.

1. U7Games

U7Games

Hello!...

I was working on an AR project before Unity integrated Vuforia inside, now, I want to upgrade my project to Unity 2017.3.1, but I receive this console error:

Code (csharp):
    2. error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    3. /Applications/Unity/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Editor/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    4. Assets/Vuforia/Editor/Scripts/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.Editor.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    5. error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `Vuforia.UnityExtensions' has already been imported. Consider removing one of the references or sign the assembly
    6. /Applications/Unity/PlaybackEngines/VuforiaSupport/Managed/Runtime/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    7. Assets/Vuforia/Scripts/Internal/Vuforia.UnityExtensions.dll (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    How can I disable old Vuforia to allow integrated Vuforia to work?
    Thanks.

2. theolagendijk

theolagendijk

I don't know the details of your Unity Vuforia project. But your migration proces is probably roughly like this;
    1. Backup your old project
      Always a good idea.
    2. If you're using a bought Vuforia license key copy that license string.
    3. Remove all the Vuforia Assets from your project in the Project view.
      You will probably get some warnings about missing scripts on GameObjects and maybe about the missing vuforia namespace if you wrote your own scripts that use it. Ignore this for now.
    4. Enable Vuforia Augmented Reality under XR Setting in the Player Settings.
      ( Or alternatively right click in the Hierarchy view and choose something from the Vuforia context menu. )
      This will trigger the import of the Vuforia assets that match your Unity 2017.3.1 install.
    5. Now go into each scene that was using Vuforia prefabs. Replace the broken ones ( the GameObjects with missing Vuforia scripts ) with the new Vuforia equivalents ( you'll recognise them by there names ). Just right click and choose them from the context menu ( Unity 2017.3.1 and higher ).
      So for example in the case of a scene with an ARCamera and ImageTargets ;
      a) Add a new ARCamera. Throw away the old one. Copy the crucial properties from your old project. Probably things like the Vuforia license key ( from step 2 ) and which databases get loaded and activated.
      b) Add a new ImageTarget prefab for each broken ImageTarget. Be sure to reselect the right database and imagetarget in the inspector view. And of course reparent the augmentations and throw away the now empty / unused ImageTarget GameObjects.
    6. Go and test a build.
      If your previous Vuforia SDK wasn't too outdated all game logic should still compile and function as expected but otherwise ; investigate further and/or come back to this forum.
    Hope this helps to get you going.

U7Games likes this.
  3. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

U7Games likes this.
  4. U7Games

U7Games

Thanks both so much...