Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable GI for 2D project

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Foriero, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Foriero

Foriero

Hi, we have 2D project where we even dont use lighting at all. Our GI data and light maps are empty but still when I profile I see quite significant GI happenings. Is there a way to switch off GI completely?

2. Duusty

Duusty

Did you disable all of the lightmap settings in the graphicssettings tab of your project?

3. Foriero

Foriero

I don't know what else should I disable so that the GI Profiler is quite. Please see attachment.

Attached Files:

4. kemalakay

kemalakay

Unity Technologies

Hey @Foriero !

I don't know which version of Unity you're using but please go to Window > Lighting > Settings and disable both Realtime GI and Baked GI to turn off your GI systems.

Thanks

5. mh114

mh114

Yet, at least in 2017.1 and earlier, the Enlighten worker threads are still started even though we have a mobile game that doesn't use realtime GI at all, only baked lightmaps in some scenes. IMHO Unity should check the scenes in build and stop Enlighten threads from spawning if there is no need for them.