Search Unity

Disable email notifications?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by dmko, Aug 2, 2016.

1. dmko

dmko

I am using the Slack integration which posts to a slack channel- and that's just awesome

Now I want the different users on our team to be able to click on the links and install the app

But when I add them into the project, they get email notifications with every build... which is annoying/redundant since they can simply see it in Slack.

Is there an ability to turn off email notifications for the cloud build project?

Additionally, to do that per team member (icing on the cake - a global switch is fine)?

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

Users can disable all email notifications from their preferences page: https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/preferences/

We plan to add more granular controls for emails per user / per project but haven't gotten to it yet.

3. dmko

dmko

4. AdamKane

AdamKane

Is there a place (i.e. UserVoice) to upvote the feature request for this? For example, we'd love to have the option to only send build-fail emails.

5. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

AdamKane likes this.
  6. AdamKane

AdamKane

7. ariessanchezsulit

ariessanchezsulit

hi @dannyd

Regarding the slack integration on cloud build, is there a way to totally remove/unlink it?

8. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@ariessanchezsulits88: on the notifications tab for a project in Unity Cloud Build, under the Slack section there should be a "delete" button next to any Slack integrations configured for the project.

9. AdamBebko

AdamBebko

Any updates to this? Its 2021, and I can't find any obvious email notification settings anywhere.

Update: I found the email settings very hidden away. In project dashboard > Dev Ops > Cloud Build > Settings, scroll down to bottom.

You can toggle email notifications for just you, or for everyone, but not for certain people.

This is less than ideal, since I'm spamming the rest of my organization until they manual opt out. As a manager, it would be great to just uncheck everyone but who is on this project's team.

Even an Opt-in, when notifications are globally disabled (rather than opt out when enabled) would be a good workaround.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021