Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Disable Distortion Cardboard

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by Mephesto_Khaan, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Mephesto_Khaan

Mephesto_Khaan

Hi all,

I am using the new SDK integrated (7.1) to do a GearVR port to Cardboard. I also imported the package with scripts such as gvrviewer.

Basically I want to disable the distortion so I can use vertex distortion, I toggle the option in the gvrviewer but nothing changes. It is working in the editor but not in the device, the problem even persists with a clean project with just the SDK and the imported stuff from google.

:S

Edit: So it seems I was mixing both things, the native integration and the SDK tools. And in the editor the SDK tools are the ones execution and in the mobile the native integration. Still I don't see any option to disable the distortion after I removed the SDK tools!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  2. nathanmartz

nathanmartz

Official Google Employee

We removed the ability to disable distortion correction in the latest SDK, although it may come back in the future for Cardboard apps (Daydream apps require the use of async reprojection which is incompatible with VS distortion). If you are focused on Cardboard and need this feature, you can use regular Unity and and older version of the SDK (say 0.8.2) and it should work just fine.