Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Disable Collaborate

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Gnimmel, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

Is there a way to disable collaborate? It seems the servers are having problems and my unity keeps crashing while trying to connect.

I need to get a demo made in the next few hours and I can't get unity to open without crashing at the moment.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Gnimmel! I'm sorry that Unity keeps crashing on you and for the late reply. Does it crash right as you try to open your project? Do you see any errors in the Console before it crashes? Are you able to try the directions mentioned here? Can you submit a bug report with your logs so that we can see what's happening?

3. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

Sorry, I haven't checked back in a while and missed your reply until now.

It was crashing every time I loaded up the project, which I assume was when it was checking the servers for updates. After about an hour of trying (I needed to make a build that day and couldn't give up) it eventually loaded without crashing. The servers where still having problems at this time and I didn't get any updates, but I was able to run unity and make a build.

I also changed a few things and once the servers where working again everything updated fine.

If I remember right, by crashing I mean locking up until I CTRL ALT Deleted unity.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

No worries on the late reply. I'm relieved to hear that you were finally able to open your project and get a build. If it happens again, can you please submit a bug report with your logs so that we can see what Unity was getting held up by? If Unity becomes unresponsive, you can force quit Unity and go into either the Applications folder or Start Menu, depending on your OS, find your Unity folder and select Unity Bug Reporter or Report a Problem with Unity to submit the bug report. DM me or reply here with your bug report number so that I know to associate the bug with you :).

5. Gnimmel

Gnimmel

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize there was a way to report a bug after a force quit. I will keep that in mind if it happens again.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  6. Team21Dev

Team21Dev

Would've been neat if you just answered how to turn off the feature.

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity