Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug DirectoryNotFoundException after moving project to new folder location

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RhysWareham, May 7, 2024.

1. RhysWareham

RhysWareham

Hi there,

Earlier today I created a git repository for my project. I then moved my unity project to the new git repo folder. I removed the project from unity hub, and added the new location. But when I opened the project, it launched in safe mode, providing this error..

Unhandled exception during build: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "E:\Solo-Projects\ToothFairyFactory\Library\Bee\artifacts\1900b0aEDbg.dag\Unity.2D.PixelPerfect.Editor.dll.mvfrm".

Now the problem is, that the path it is trying to find the file in, is not the newly created path. The new path would be "E:\Solo-Projects\ToothFairyGit\ToothFairyFactory...etc

How do I get Unity to realise this?

Using Unity 2023.2.20f1

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Close the project, delete the Library folder, wait for completion and re-open. Seems like this might fix it.

3. RhysWareham

RhysWareham

Thank you. In the end I exited safe mode, and did a reimport of everything, which seemed to work