Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Directional Light Source Showing Up in Game

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Katarina03, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Katarina03

Katarina03

On every new project I create, the source of light, a sun symbol, is showing up on my scene. I realize that this is so that you can control shadows and so forth, but it is also showing up in my game, even after it is built. After following Roll-A-Ball tutorial, I have this very annoying little sun showing up in my game. I figured I had messed with a setting somewhere, but when I went to start the next tutorial, there it is, this annoying little sunshine right in the middle of my blank game screen. Looking at the tutorial videos, this isn't standard. How do I turn it off. I've been trying to find something in the reference, but I'm not even sure what to search for. I also have the same problem with the canvas. As soon as I began adding text, the edges of the canvas appeared, and they show up in the game itself. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

In the top right of your Game window, turn off Gizmos.

Perseus_Alexus likes this.
  3. Katarina03

Katarina03

The sun was still there even after I published the game. Does this mean that Gizmos have to be turned off before any game is published?

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

Oh. No. That shouldn't be happening. That's weird. Do you have screenshots?

5. Katarina03

Katarina03

Before I saw your first post, I attempted uninstalling and reinstalling unity, the problem was still there. After reading your post, I decided to screw with the gizmos tab just for kicks. After checking and unchecking everything several times, the sun disappeared. I'm guessing there was some sort of glitch somewhere, and messing with the gizmos tab made it reset. Thank you for your help!

6. Schneider21

Schneider21

You're very welcome. If it happens again, be sure to submit a bug report. That'll help the Unity Technologies staff locate, isolate, and murder the bug so it never bothers anyone again.