Search Unity

Dinosaur pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by janpec, Jun 21, 2012.

1. janpec

janpec

Dinosaur pack includes several dinosaur models with diffuse, specular and normal maps. Animated and rigged.
    Included animations are: idle, walk, run, die and attack.

LINK TO ASSET STORE:
    http://u3d.as/content/janpec/dinosaur-pack-1-0/3kN

Update for pack 1.1 (release date October), including all listed bellow:

-LOD versions of each dinosaur

Pack release 1.0 has been already released on asset store, including all listed bellow :

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. EISOBAX

EISOBAX

Amazing work janpec real AAA quality, how much will this pack cost ?, id also love to see a video of the animations in action.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. janpec

janpec

I have added last dinosaur planned for release T-rex. Dinos are being animated as we speak and should be ready in 2 weeks.

4. janpec

janpec

Animations are now finished, package will be submited after Unite 2012.

5. angel_m

angel_m

Where is the triceratops? :)

6. janpec

janpec

It is first one on the-making list:D

7. janpec

janpec

Okay, triceratops has been added to pack :D

8. janpec

janpec

Added Spinosaurus.

9. abbc

abbc

What about poly count? Are those models mobile friendly? Low poly versions are always nice.;)

10. janpec

janpec

@abbc Triangle count for each dino is ranging from 2500-4000 in avarage. Low poly versions will be avalible when pack will be released. Probably 2 or 3 LOD stages.

11. abbc

abbc

Nice. I am looking forward to its release.

12. imump

imump

Janpec.....Where is the Brontosaurus!? :p

13. janpec

janpec

Oh ok, i will put Bronto next one on to-do list. This one is probably the last from "celebrity" dinos:D

14. imump

imump

Ah Janpec, you are a legend! Thank you, cant wait.

15. ZJP

ZJP

What?!. You have forgot the favorite children dinosaur?. Shame on you. ;)

JP

16. janpec

janpec

Hehe, which one would that be? If you mean Trex it is third one on picture:D

17. virror

virror

Too bad im not doing a dino game : p
    Looks awesome.

18. ZJP

ZJP

Brontosaurus....Favorite of children under 5 years. It has less tooth. ;)

19. derkoi

derkoi

Wow looks good! Was always going to port my dino animation to a game:

20. 0123456789

I thought you were going to say Barney, the purple anthropomorphic Tyrannosaurus Rex.

21. Furinax

Furinax

Can't wait to get my hands on this! Excellent work! Please do follow up as soon as the package is up for grabs. :)

22. janpec

janpec

Brontosaurus has been added. Might be interesting to say as fact that Brontosaurus is no longer called Brontosaurus but rather Apatosaurus. I am not sure why science changed name but probably is due to that dino belongs to different species cathegory that they thought first.

23. virror

virror

Seems like it was 1903 that the name Apatosaurus was chosen instead of Brontosaurus because of reclassification, some names are just hard to get rid of : p
    Nice work as always : D

24. napster

napster

All Dino's are looking good, except flying wings Dino :(

Would be better if add or modified to eye and mouth details

25. poboczny

poboczny

Oh my !!! These are AMAZING !!!

Great Job !!! - I love the textures ! :)

26. Furinax

Furinax

Any updates?

27. janpec

janpec

Last dino is being animated, when it is done pack will be submitted shortly after that.

28. WayneP

WayneP

Fantastic work!!!!

Have you got a price in mind?

29. janpec

janpec

Price will be revealed once pack is submitted :D

30. Furinax

Furinax

Concealed price makes me think it's gonna be steep. :O Good work is worth good money though don't get me wrong.

31. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

Hey Janpec, can you consider adding feathers to the Velociraptor, at least onto the arms, as we now know they had them there. Thank you!

Also, Can you make a Theriznosaurus at some point: :D

32. janpec

janpec

Edaphosaurus i can gladly make any feature requests, Theriznosaurus will be put as first priority in next updates. Animations are finishes and pack will be submited tomorrow if nothing goes wrong, which means that Theriznosaurus will be added in next first update to pack.

As for feathers it goes little more complicated. The thing is that feathers are hard to do and look good if they are not in solid numbers, this means adding polygon plane for each feather, and since this pack will include LOD stages for dinosaurs this gets in way becouse it isnt possible to reduce triangles in feathers itself. However i will look into it if there is anything i can do, i will try to make one with feathers and test it.

33. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

Thank You so much, I will almost certainly get this pack when it comes out :)

34. che2010

che2010

非常好的恐龙模型哦

35. janpec

janpec

36. janpec

janpec

This is preview of dinosaurs together. LOD stages of dinosaurs will come with first update after release including new dinosaurs.

All current dinos together.

Wireframe preview.

37. bbsbot

bbsbot

nice pack ! the Tyrannosaurs.Rex looks outstanding!

will you make a new kind of flying dino ? the flying one in this picture looks less amazing than others.

good luck.

38. janpec

janpec

Thabks bbsbot, since this is second suggestion for new flying dino i will try to make new one. I am not exactly sure why it looks that bad to many people, since it tooked longer time to make than other dinosaurs, but i will try to come up with new one. Probably some similar fyling species.

39. Furinax

Furinax

Why not go with a plain old pteranodon? I hope you're not getting offended by the criticism but I'll add my vote that I... well... don't really like the flyer model. I'm not sure if it's necessarily the modelling job or anything, I think it's more just that it's not "dinosaurey" enough maybe?!? Dunno, just a suggestion. :)

40. bbsbot

bbsbot

Hi janpec

good to hear you are going to make a new flying one.

I think the earlier one you made is one kind of pteranodon, because no tail and no sharp mouth.

I suggest to make Rhamphorhynchus instead of the earlier one.
    here is a brief of Rhamphorhynchus with pictures.
    http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/dinosaurs/dinos/Rhamphorhynchus.shtml

I think this one looks much better than the earlier.

41. Furinax

Furinax

I don't think the current one is a pteranodon....... I don't know what it is. No offense. I look like a seagul with hawk wings and teeth. I mean no offense.... I'm just disagreeing with the above post^^ that i's a pteranodon. :) I love your work so please don't be offended lol.

42. janpec

janpec

I see what you guys mean, it looks little more funny and cartoonish looking becouse of color blockout and also of what it did look like. I can see that most of people preffer dinosaurs with more flesh and maybe more realistic textures rather than stylised, i have already been trying to turn into that way with brontosaurus as much as possible.
    The dino modeled is actually pterosaurus (i should probably add some names in pictures:p). It was modeled from one reference just as close as the other dinos, but the thing is that on body that dino had feathers so i tried to make those white featehrs as good as i could with normal map only. The other problem was that pterosaurus has many different species and none of them is named correctly or at least with full name on references so even if you take a look at pterosaurus in google you will notice very different dino on every picture.

I can easily add later another flying dino, probably it will be that one from Jurassic park 2.

43. Edaphosaurus

Edaphosaurus

The current Pterosaur is an Ornithocheirus. It had a wingspan of 5-6 metres and probably ate fish. It was related to Pteranodon.

If you want a different Pterosaur, nothing comes much more different than Dimorphodon:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/36/Dimorphodon2DB.jpg (sorry, pic to big)

Also, I have to say I like the current Pterosaur model

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  44. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

Janpec,

a great pack, thank you. Any ETA for the pack? Also, are you planning to make some jura-trias era foliage/plants etc?

45. janpec

janpec

Yep release date is next week. Hm i was thinking about making vegetation too, since it just doesnt fits using vegetation from modern times, but right now dinosaurs are still priority and there are still some left to be done. After that i might consider doing environmental stuff.

46. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

Sounds great. Look forward to see the pack online, and then please do the veggie-stuff as well :)

47. bbsbot

bbsbot

Good to hear they are coming.
    I have an idea.
    why not make more dino for these big fellow hunting.
    I just think if gamemaker add these dinos to a nice environment, what these dinos may do. if made some smaller dino, maybe player can see they are chasing, hunting.

48. janpec

janpec

There are few more smaller dinos planed to be made in future which will offer diversity from bigger predators. As for plants it might be very hard to do them becouse i cant find any references about them, not even any information of species. If anyone has suggestion or links for trias vegetation please post it here.

49. janpec

janpec

Pteranodon has been added to pack, however it will be released with first update of pack somewhen later.

50. janpec

janpec

Package has been submited to Asset store and it is waiting to be reviewed by admins. Note that pteranodon and pterosaurus will be added in first update of pack, becouse there are still some animation fixes needed on them.